+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Blueray player as digital transport for CD playback into dac?

I'm Gary.

Ah well...

the Marantz sounded great, very good bluray image quality...but was clunky as a clunky thing in a clunky competition.
    Froze often, display got "stuck", intermittent connection to the network....all fixable by pulling the plug out and switching back on.

Thought it was a firmware thing, even upgrading to latest version didn't fix it.
    Shame, sounded great but had to go back.

Still picking a "last disk spinner" up, looking at the Oppo now.

I'm ILOB.

Never had any issues with the Oppo getting stuck so should suit your needs
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Gary.

Which one you got John?
    How do you find its digi out compared to its analogue for music?

I'm ILOB.

The 103 I prefer to go out via a DAC The 105 has a lot better DAC but the Sabre DAC is a bit to clinical for me.
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

I'm Barry.

I've just bought (Xmas prezzie) a Cambridge Audio 752BD, everything digital in one box. It has 5 DAC's, I hook my Sony "jukebox" to its Optical In, a hard drive with FLAC's to its USB in (displays all info including album art on TV screen), BluRay playback is stunning, I haven't tried any SACD's and only use its Stereo Audio Out, it also has 7.1 Audio Out.

I'm ILOB.

yes amazing what these players can do

I'm Gary.

Got an Oppo 103D.

Absolutely fantastic playing CD's, Played through the Young Dac as good or better than any cd player I've ever heard.
    Limited to 16/48 via SPDIF though, so got a little box of tricks that converts the HDMI audio out to SPDIF and plays 24/192 into the dac.
    Not got any SACDs yet to test it yet though, shame Bluray is limited to 16/48.

A bit spendy but the last disc player I'll need, plays movies too
    It upscales the Tivo to 1080p and works magic on normal DVDs, pretty close to Blueray when it upscales 'em.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123