+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: valve amp

I'm Michael.

Yes, mine sounded good, until one channel started to get noisy

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Did you get it sorted?
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Michael.

No I didn't! The guy never delivered either mine or the other guy's. He gave me a Korato KTA100 in exchange so I wasn't out of pocket! He was a distributor for them at the time. It turned out there was a fault on the Korato but Colin at Chevron Audio fixed it quite easily. Anyway, that was the end of my valve career and I have used solid state ever since.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Shame. Little beats a good valve amp IMHO. Must say, I've had quite a few valve amps through my hands, kits, secondhand and new, some Kits I've built myself. Never had any real problems. Only real failure was as secondhand Chinese jobbie - the mains trannie let go - and that was the end of that. Lasted several years before it did though, and it was secondhand when I bought it.

If you really want a good valve amp, save yer pennies and ask Nick to build you one.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Shame. Little beats a good valve amp IMHO. Must say, I've had quite a few valve amps through my hands, kits, secondhand and new, some Kits I've built myself. Never had any real problems. Only real failure was as secondhand Chinese jobbie - the mains trannie let go - and that was the end of that. Lasted several years before it did though, and it was secondhand when I bought it.

If you really want a good valve amp, save yer pennies and ask Nick to build you one.
    thanks for all the advice fellas, ive gone and ordered me sen a bushmaster mk2 now so ill have to save up even more , or maybe i wont feel the need, thanks again, HAPPY CHRISTMAS ALL
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12