+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone who can help set up a Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S 12'"/Ortofon MC Cadenza please?

I'm gordan.

don't confuse him
    Gordan.
    Speakers: Oris Swing MkII
    Amps: Thomas Mayer 300b/ Hiraga La Maison de L'Audiophile 20
    Preamp: Silver AVC by eng. Ferenc Lazar
    Phono Preamp: Shishido LCR by Solaja Audio
    Decks: Garrard 301 Martin Bastin reworked/plinthed with Fidelity Research FR64fx
    Garrard 401 in eng Ferenc Lazar solid wenge plinth with SME 3012/2
    Cartridges: SPU Spirit/ Koetsu Black revisited by eng. Salai/ Miyajima Shilabe
    Step Up Transformers: Tango MCT 999/ Ortofon T-5000/ Lumiere SUT
    Digital: Shigaclone by eng. Ferenc Lazar with Lampizator Amber II
    Wires: of sufficient length

I'm Simon.

Just wondering, if you'd plummed for the Kuzma digital psu or if you were just running it into the mains.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by sq225917 View Post
    Just wondering, if you'd plummed for the Kuzma digital psu or if you were just running it into the mains.
    Simon,

On plain mains juice so far. I'll be looking into a psu idc. Any thoughts? I've seen that Martin Bastin does one and I am aware of others.

Best

P

I'm Peter.

Default A thought

I have a Power Inspired Power Regenerator AG 1500 which I bought from Reffc a while ago - it provides a clean 240v ac at all times. Would there be a problem feeding the Kuzma from that rather than buying a new PSU? If it does, it would also give me the means to clean up the supply for my WTT Record Player...

Any thoughts? Am I missing something?

Best

Peter

I'm Simon.

The Ag1500 will be a good start for a decent 50hz waveform, which is what you need.

You could use any of the following.
    Hercules2/Mose low cost, switchable speed psu available as either a pcb only or a fully boxed unit.
    Naim Armageddon, a big old transformer in a box which regulates the AC, you'll need to continue using the 45rpm adaptor for this. I still have one of these.
    Linn Valhalla, single speed psu. (The Hercules is based on this)
    Heed Orbit 1/2
    and there's many other diy options available as well as the Kuzma options.

|Both the older Kuzma PSU and the newer digital display unit are both excellent, if somewhat overpriced IMO. But then I build my own.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm gordan.

heed owner wouldn't recommend it as his device is prone to overheating when used on stabi s in particular. i know some users who tried it and sold it. i've exchanged a few emails with zsolt huszti about this matter and he won't take any responsibility for heed PSU/stabi S use.

IMHO there is no need experiment here, kuzma PSU is no brainer.

however, it's really not that important to get a supreme performance from this arm/deck combination. i would say it's an icing on the cake but the cake is anyway fantastic.
    Gordan.
    Decks: Garrard 301 Martin Bastin reworked/plinthed with Fidelity Research FR64fx

I'm Spartacus.

Quote Originally Posted by Kember View Post
    I have a Power Inspired Power Regenerator AG 1500 which I bought from Reffc a while ago - it provides a clean 240v ac at all times. Would there be a problem feeding the Kuzma from that rather than buying a new PSU? If it does, it would also give me the means to clean up the supply for my WTT Record Player...

Any thoughts? Am I missing something?
    The AG1500 provides a steady 230V and 50Hz. If you have not plugged in your turntable(s) (and CD player) you are definitely missing something. I would do this first before trying an external PSU.
    Cheers, Jeff

I'm Spartacus.

Quote Originally Posted by anubisgrau View Post
    heed owner wouldn't recommend it as his device is prone to overheating when used on stabi s in particular. i know some users who tried it and sold it. i've exchanged a few emails with zsolt huszti about this matter and he won't take any responsibility for heed PSU/stabi S use.
    Gordan, are you referring to the AG1500 overheating when used with the Kuzma t/t? This sounds unusual. Are there any specific reasons why this might be the case?
    Cheers, Jeff

I'm Peter.

Jeff and Gordan,

Thanks.

Here goes!

Best

Peter

I'm gordan.

Quote Originally Posted by rubber duck View Post
    Gordan, are you referring to the AG1500 overheating when used with the Kuzma t/t? This sounds unusual. Are there any specific reasons why this might be the case?
    No, Heed Orbit TT PSU (that was recommended in this thread).
    Gordan.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12