+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: best cart for rega rp6

I'm steven.

Default looking at moving iron

glen croft recommends moving iron carts particularly the decca blue anyone had any experience of the origin live aladdin moving iron cart

I'm Alan.

Hello Steven,
    Welcome to the AoS from me, it's always nice to see another vinyl spinner join the forum.

enjoy your music

regards Al
    My system,

Cartridges Lyra Delos, Audio Technica AT33EVmc, AT 24 mm
    Turntable Thorens TD 124 Mk2, in a Jim Campbel plinth,Audio Technica 1503 Mk3 arm
    CD player Technics SL-PG490
    Cassette deck Yamaha KX 530
    Moving Coil Amp Albarry MCA 11
    Pre-amplifier Albarry AP 11 (battery powered)
    Power amps Albarry M1108 Mono-blocs
    Speakers Allison 3 Corner units, Allison 6 stand mounted cubes
    Interconnects AVT Matrix 6 and OFC short ones
    Mains distribution Music Works Recoil 6 gang and mains leads
    Tables MusicWorks ReVo acrylic stand, Quadraspire Acrylic shelves (cryo'd legs) acrylic Response Mini under mains block.
    Speaker cable Chord Rumour (Cryo'd)
    RCM Okki Nokki
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1586...homepage_panel

I'm steven.

Default phono stage or cart

got the chance of an avid pellar phono stage for 500 pounds i could go this route or purchase a similarly priced cart for example a nakago mp500 at the moment
    i listen to my vinyl through a goldring 2200 cart through my crofts built in phono stage what may give me the best sonic improvment the pellar with the goldring or
    the croft built in phono with the nagako mp500

I'm Martin.

Hi Steven

I'm using an MP50 with MP500 at the moment having had cheaper Nagaokas in the past (along with a lot of other carts) and would highly recommend it. I've used it with a Croft phono stage with great results. The MP500 has a slight rosiness to it compared to an AT or an Ortofon however it is only slight, enough to make early digital productions a little more palatable without colouring them too much. If you want forensic it is not the way to go but that is not to say it lacks detail as it doesn't it is just the way it presents it. Personally I would always spend the money on a better cartridge before a better phono stage, assuming the one you have is competent. Hope that is some help.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm steven.

thanks macca just as i though i know built in phono stages are considered an after though but in glens case he is a genius and he just would not do after thoughts
    i may go the nagako mp500 route thanks to your advice

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12