+ Reply to Thread

Thread: new guy

I'm mike.

Default new guy

hi, i'm mike and i've just started getting into vintage hi fi, especially vinyl, love the old snap crackle and pop you only get with records, well unless the crackle and POP was a speaker being blown. my set up is Thorens TD160, Rotel ra 610 (surprisingly good amp despite them going for taxi fare on ebay, shhh) Arcam Delta 70 cdp, Wharfedale dovedale III speaks, and a Leak stereofetic tuner, but rest assured theres more amps and speaks around the house at least 4 pairs o speaks and a couple amps and tuners. thanks for reading, mike.

I'm ChrisB.

Hi Mike,
    Welcome to AoS.
    What sort of music do you like to play?

I'm mike.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    Hi Mike,
    Welcome to AoS.
    What sort of music do you like to play?
    tim buckly, ian dury, dire straits, louis XIV, joe walsh, joe jackson, floyd, CCR, the pale, TMBG, leonard cohen, modest mouse, django reinhardt, roberta flack, van morrison,public enemy, eric b and rakim, loads, too many to name em all. what are you into?

I'm ChrisB.

Nice! - I have a fairly broad taste too - rock, blues, jazz, a bit of orchestral.
    We like to tell the other members what we're playing by posting on this thread here
    My last few entries included some Polish rock and jazz from the late 60's/early 70's, Blackfield, The Doors, Lyle Lovett, Fleetwood Mac (Peter Green version) and Acid Mothers Temple

I'm mike.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    Nice! - I have a fairly broad taste too - rock, blues, jazz, a bit of orchestral.
    We like to tell the other members what we're playing by posting on this thread here
    My last few entries included some Polish rock and jazz from the late 60's/early 70's, Blackfield, The Doors, Lyle Lovett, Fleetwood Mac (Peter Green version) and Acid Mothers Temple
    thanks, will be sure to post when i hear something new thats worth a mention. mike.

I'm Keith.

Welcome aboard Mike - enjoy
    Keith
    Analogue: Lenco L75 with 'PTP5' top plate in heavy birch ply plinth/re-wired Rega RB300/SAE 1000e HOMC Cartridge/Trans-Fi Reso-Mat/Moth RCM
    Files: Voyage MPD/Custom PC/Supra USB/Beresford ASYNCH-1/Beresford TOSlink cable
    CDP: Inca Katana SE
    DAC: Beresford Caiman MkII (LiPo Battery powered)
    Pre-Amp: Croft Micro 25 Power-Amp: Croft Series 7
    Speakers: DIY Frugel-Horn Mk3 ('FH3') + REL Strata subwoofer
    Headphones: Beyer Dynamics DT990 Pro (250 ohm)/Schiit Asgard Headphone Amp
    Cables - Interconnects: Mark Grant G1000HD Speaker Cables: Van Damme Blue
    Mains: Belkin PF30/Mark Grant DSP2.5 & DSP1.0 Rack: Target

Office System: HP Win8 Laptop/JRiver/MF V-Link2/Beresford Bushmaster MkII/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 771e
    Bedroom System: Raspberry Pi/Raspbrian + MPD/HiFiBerry DAC/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 760i or DIY Hybrid Valve-MOSFET Headphone amp + Sennheiser HD595

Gallery

MartinT Guest

Welcome to AoS, Mike

I'm mike.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    Welcome to AoS, Mike
    thanks, still tryin to find my way round. mike.

+ Reply to Thread