+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello Everyone

I'm Jacek.

Default Hello Everyone

I always liked to play with audio gear. I'm keen on old gear especially horn speakers. I own Klipsch Forte speakers but plan something bigger with DIY horns. Lately I have bought Technics 1210 to play little bit with analog. This forum is great source for information and mods on Technics. I listening almost every kind of music. It's just have to have something interesting in it.

Regards
    Bacek

MartinT Guest

Hello Bacek and welcome to AoS. There is plenty of information on the Technics - see Techiepedia in Analogue Art.

I'm David.

Hi Bacek, welcome to the forum, what is the rest of your system, what music do you like to listen to?

I'm Keith.

Welcome Bacek - hope you enjoy the forum.
    Keith
    Analogue: Lenco L75 with 'PTP5' top plate in heavy birch ply plinth/re-wired Rega RB300/SAE 1000e HOMC Cartridge/Trans-Fi Reso-Mat/Moth RCM
    Files: Voyage MPD/Custom PC/Supra USB/Beresford ASYNCH-1/Beresford TOSlink cable
    CDP: Inca Katana SE
    DAC: Beresford Caiman MkII (LiPo Battery powered)
    Pre-Amp: Croft Micro 25 Power-Amp: Croft Series 7
    Speakers: DIY Frugel-Horn Mk3 ('FH3') + REL Strata subwoofer
    Headphones: Beyer Dynamics DT990 Pro (250 ohm)/Schiit Asgard Headphone Amp
    Cables - Interconnects: Mark Grant G1000HD Speaker Cables: Van Damme Blue
    Mains: Belkin PF30/Mark Grant DSP2.5 & DSP1.0 Rack: Target

Office System: HP Win8 Laptop/JRiver/MF V-Link2/Beresford Bushmaster MkII/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 771e
    Bedroom System: Raspberry Pi/Raspbrian + MPD/HiFiBerry DAC/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 760i or DIY Hybrid Valve-MOSFET Headphone amp + Sennheiser HD595

Gallery

I'm Alan.

Hello Jacek,

Welcome to the AoS from me, lots of friendly, like minded people here.
    Where is Poznan? what's the rest of your kit? do you play vinyl?

enjoy your music

regards Al
    My system,

Cartridges Lyra Delos, Audio Technica AT33EVmc, AT 24 mm
    Turntable Thorens TD 124 Mk2, in a Jim Campbel plinth,Audio Technica 1503 Mk3 arm
    CD player Technics SL-PG490
    Cassette deck Yamaha KX 530
    Moving Coil Amp Albarry MCA 11
    Pre-amplifier Albarry AP 11 (battery powered)
    Power amps Albarry M1108 Mono-blocs
    Speakers Allison 3 Corner units, Allison 6 stand mounted cubes
    Interconnects AVT Matrix 6 and OFC short ones
    Mains distribution Music Works Recoil 6 gang and mains leads
    Tables MusicWorks ReVo acrylic stand, Quadraspire Acrylic shelves (cryo'd legs) acrylic Response Mini under mains block.
    Speaker cable Chord Rumour (Cryo'd)
    RCM Okki Nokki
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1586...homepage_panel

I'm Jacek.

Thank you for welcoming,

Quote Originally Posted by mr sneff View Post
    Hi Bacek, welcome to the forum, what is the rest of your system, what music do you like to listen to?

Some time ago I lost interest in commercial products and switched to DIY. Because in my real life work I'm not doing anything that has physical form than DIY is something that relaxes me. Currently I'm using GainClone amp, TDA1543 NOS dac and CD transport based on idea of Shigaraki. Work in progress is passive remote controlled pre with resistor based steed attenuator. It's because of Technics. I'm tired of reconnecting amp between DAC and phono-pre. Also have to work on pre. It's VSPS with heavy PS section, but currently with no case so there is some HUM but it disappeares when I touch ground wire.

And about music as I said everything from classics (opera, symphonic), jazz, rock, blues, music I call: cheezy women (don't know why mostly is called smooth jazz), rarely pop. Basically I don't care about labels. If something amuses me or I find something interesting, I can live with it.

trio leo,
    Poznan city is in Poland (Europe). It's in the middle between our capital city Warsaw and Berlin in Germany

I'm brian.

Hello and a warm welcome. Interesting speakers you have there, somebody on another site really recommends klipsch speakers for valve amps with there high efficiency rating. I was quite interested myself as I own a audio note meishu amp but getting a demo of there gear is fairly hard I think? Meantime I will carry on enjoying my shan shimnas ( concrete type). Good luck on the forum!

I'm Jacek.

Hi tapid, Forte are no monter in production. From current production I have heard Cornwall and they are better than Forte. If its hard to organize some oficial presentation then maybe it will be easier to find someone who already has them. This is what I had to do , heritage series is not avaliable in Poland. Any way my next speakers will be full horn system based on Klipsch LaScala (bass bin).

I'm Paul.

Hi Bacek and welcome to the forum
    Streamer: NovaFidelity X40, Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, Amp: Belles Aria, Loudspeakers: Quadral Aurum Montan VIII, Rack: Creaktiv Trend 1, Cables: Beresford, Chord, Coherent, MCRU, Rega, TCI.

+ Reply to Thread