+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I imagining it???

I'm Marc.

Are you listening to the analogue out of the mac itself? If so then its perfectly feasable that could sound different, as Gordon points out they'll have different analogue stages. If you have it on a dac and have the new machine on the same dac then I'd be inclined to suggest you're imagining it (however I would also add that as long as you're enjoying it and it's a change for the better then great!)

I'm andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Steadman View Post
    All my Macs sound different!! (er...all twelve) No, I lie, two of them sound the same - 2 G4 MacMinis. Apple seem to change the audio cards all the time. The best of all is the MacPro and that has an Intel 'hi definition' audio chip (whatever that means).

I tried Minis as a source for the main hi-fi but the sound was a bit dull so I have to live with a G5 tower next to the rack which sounds fine.
    If you are using the internal soundcard then it's not really hifi, I am talking about digital out into a dac.
    Andy.

I'm Nodrog.

Quote Originally Posted by roob View Post
    If you are using the internal soundcard then it's not really hifi, I am talking about digital out into a dac.
    Agreed that with the DAC they all sound the same to me.

synsei Guest

Unless you fill it with squished bananas in which case it becomes a bit of a smoothie....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12