+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Talk 3 Speaker Cables

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Back in the Rega clamshell and early '2000' days, Cable Talk 4.1, Excel4 and by inference, the current Talk 3, should be PERFECT for a Rega system. In fact, Juras and Naos speakers EASILY showed the further 'improvement' (due to heavier gauge) of the green hosepipe Concert cables in the bass especially. Sevenoaks' client's housewives wouldn't have it though 'cos it wasn't as thin as QED Micro The box-shifters in many of these stores couldn't give a fugg either All those systems ruined with miles of QED Micro and SA cables - makes my heart bleed
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldpinkman View Post
    I might get another set made with bananas at both ends...
    Does the state of ripeness have any effect?
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    Does the state of ripeness have any effect?
    No, but you must take into account that there will be some skin effect...
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm peter.

Quote Originally Posted by synsei View Post
    cheers dave much appreciated..i will try some in the new year and post a review of sorts and see if there is any improvement over the rega Quattro

I'm Alan.

I'm using a couple of pairs of cable talk monitor 3 interconnects..(assuming you're talking about cable talk 3 cables that is)and they also are quite wonderful...
    Quote Originally Posted by synsei View Post
    I could wax lyrical about these cables for a year and a day however I will pick out one particular thing which illustrates their prowess perfectly. If you want cymbals to sound like actual cymbals and not syncopated bursts of white noise then buy a set of these cables. No really, just buy some....

I'm tony.

I have found sewel dead bolts pretty good. Easy to work with and the banana bit rotates. Made up some talk cables in jumper length last night, you need to trim the insulation quite far back for the red and white wires to fit-they are good cables but the TQ black still sounds noticeably better in my set up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234