+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Howdy from Fort Worth Texas

I'm Marty.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    That's like someone who has never smoked in his life seeing people smoking and thinking : 'You know what? I might just try that.'

True, but I don't really know anyone who is into LP's so I've had no exposure other than a cheap record player which I grew up listening to the Beatles on. I Might fall in love with the sound of a good turntable.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordecai View Post
    True, but I don't really know anyone who is into LP's so I've had no exposure other than a cheap record player which I grew up listening to the Beatles on. I Might fall in love with the sound of a good turntable.
    You almost certainly would which is why I said what I did. The problem is that compared to digital the expense is hideous. Now you can pick up a competent deck for 300 to 400 USD, that's not the issue. Good cartridges are no longer cheap , though, and replacement styli or re-tips are pricey too. That's an on-going cost, something you don't have with digital. With the cost of a replacement stylus for my Nagaoka I reckon it costs me about 50 cents a side to play my LPs. You will need a good wet/vacuum record cleaning machine, and that is an essential even if you restrict yourself to buying brand new records, so that is another 500 USD plus the cost of quality anti-static inner sleeves and the cleaning fluid itself.

But if you fancy it and you are not skint there is no doubt that vinyl replay has a magic that digital cannot match when it comes to listening appreciation despite being the technically inferior medium on paper.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Howdy partner. Welcome to AOS. Interesting system you have there.

I'm Paul.

Hi Marty and welcome to the forum
    Streamer: NovaFidelity X40, Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, Amp: Belles Aria, Loudspeakers: Quadral Aurum Montan VIII, Rack: Creaktiv Trend 1, Cables: Beresford, Chord, Coherent, MCRU, Rega, TCI.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12