+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tech' Gallery

I'm Robert.

Default The Tech' Gallery

Hi guys (and girls of course) Here it is at long last ! - The place to showcase your beloved Techie in all it's glory. This iconic battleship of a turntable is renowned by those not in the know as simply a very popular dj turntable. However ! We (and so many others) now know different. News is spreading fast, just how awesome this, the most popular of direct drive turntables can sound with a few carefully thought out and designed upgrade modifications, with it's superb quartz locked direct drive system remaining at the heart. So without further ado I'll kick us off - Let the Gallery begin !!!
    (Please include details of upgrades undertaken and or where you are looking for your Techie journey to go........)

RobbieGongs Black Beauty

SL1210 MK5 g
    [FONT=book antiqua](one careful owner, bought new)
    Micro Seiki MA 202 Vintage tone arm
    Yannis Tone 423.5 Phono-Litz Silver Tonearm cable
    , Double silver shielding, Eichman silver bullet rca phono plugs and 1877Phono right angle DIN.
    Ebony Armboard (Courtesy of our very own Speedy Steve)
    Mike New Bearing
    Mike New ETP Platter
    ADC LMG1 Magnesium Headshell
    [B]Ortofon 2M Black
    Ortofon Pure Silver Cartridge Leads
    Isonoe Feet
    Custom Hifi Cables DC-3 (Special Order) Bespoke Large Power Supply (7kgs)

Last edited by RobbieGong; 05-12-2013 at 07:26.

I'm Andy.

l cannot keep up
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm Andy.

On a more serious note that Techie looks the b------s

Bet it sounds rather good also.
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post

Lol !! Thanks Andy, She sounds awesome. As I say, If only the doubters knew what these babies are capable of ......

I'm Julian.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    This iconic battleship of a turntable is renowned by those not in the know as simply a very popular dj turntable.
    What mixer are you using Rob?

Actually, what I'd really like to know is what the rest of your system is dude ...
    Sonore Rendu - Cambridge Audio Edge W - Sonus Faber Venere 2.5

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    If only the doubters knew what these babies are capable of ......
    I've had a couple and upgraded them successfully and they sound pretty good. But I'm not going that route again. I'd have to spend a fortune to find the limits of the Techie, so I use other TTs now and get beautiful results.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Robert.

Actually, what I'd really like to know is what the rest of your system is dude ...

Here you go Jules http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...ieGongs-Set-Up (Hoping to replace the 752's with Spendor S8e's in the near future)

BTW Guys - Where Are Those Techie PICS !? The Gallery needs filling up !

I'm Tony.

Love that tall rack Rob

I'll get some photos up later on

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Sorted yer pics, as requested, Rob!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post

+1. It might not be quite how I would have skinned the cat, but I have few doubts that's a record player I could listen to and enjoy. Must get to hear that cartridge sometime.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast