+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Luxman PD131S

The Roksan sounds very beautiful, and the Rega R200 arm makes a very nice combo too. This deck sounds completely different over the Thorens TD160B MK2, or in other words a million miles better. The Thorens was lacking insight and midrange, and it just sounded bloated. I think this Rega R200 sounds much nicer than my Rega RB250 (some of you may disagree with me).

soon I'm planning on putting a Denon cartridge on the Rega R200, as it will be much better over the A&R etc etc

I'll post some pics soon.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

This is my poor old R200 plus a headshell that may be good (in addition to the new Rega one I found in a drawer.. Can't wait to get it up and running...

Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Ralph.

Quote Originally Posted by speakers-1989 View Post
    Here are the pics. I don't know the exact age of the deck, but it looks good for it's age.

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/t...O/000_0281.jpg
    Shane....Peters & Lee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by REM View Post

What??

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Your link didn't work, mate - therefore it was 'invisible'!

It works now, though...

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Ralph.

Quote Originally Posted by speakers-1989 View Post
    What??
    Shane...the first link, top left hand corner...sorry m8, couldn't resist

Cheers

I'm Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by REM View Post

Jesus!! Peters and Lee. I have not heard them since I was a ttenager. I remeber they had a hit with 'Welcome home' he was blind and she always led him on stage etc. Mind you, they were quite good, catchy tunes.
    Tim

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456