+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Photo's by a Nit Wit with a Nikon

I'm Andy.

Default Photo's by a Nit Wit with a Nikon

Hi Guys

Been pondering for a while now about getting a Digital Camera. My old compact is showing it's age. So decided after viewing this section to dip my toe into Digital SLR's. Bought used a Nikon D40.

So after a bit of a play here are my first efforts, hopefully I will get better.

Camera set to Aperature Priority and a long exposure to give better field of depth. The 2nd image was me playing very poorly with Photoshop.

Andy - SDDW
    HV Electrical Engineer - SAF (Sustainable Aviation Fuel) Plant

I'm David.

d40 ... cracking camera! i rate them much higher than the d40x and d60
    the 6 mp chip in there is a cracker! as far as i know its the same chip from the d70/d50 and even the epson r-d1/s/x dont quote me on that though

as for the photoshop effect... looks pretty good on the tonearm, it reminds me of something thats been painted to look like metal if thatmakes sence

I'm Ralph.

Nice looking arm/TT, what are they?

Regards

I'm Andy.

Hi Hamish

Thanks for your comments. The Nikon came with an 18-55mm and a 70-200mm lenses. Got a good buy there I presume, from what you say. I am well pleased so far.

Will have to work on my composition. I am not naturally very artisitic, so stuff like this doesn't seem to come easy to me, just read my review of the Usher speakers to see what I mean. Give me a machine with millions of parts and I'll have it stripped down to nothing (though I do have to work on the re-assembly bit).

The painted effect on the tonearm didn't occure to me until you mentioned, but I can see what you mean.

I am shortly due to change jobs, so before I go I will get the Camera into work and try and get some shots of the HyCo Plant before I leave, a very angular and industrial place. There are some nice sunrise effects I'll try and photo, just as dawn is breaking and the sky is deep Blue and starting to liten up.

Andy - SDDW
    Last edited by Sand Dancin Donkey Walker; 04-06-2009 at 19:35.

I'm Andy.

Hi Rem

The table is a Feickert Twin and has an Audiocraft AC3000 Uni-Pivot mounted on it.

Well pleased with the sound it produces, once I get it spinning I can be there for hours and hours. I was once late for a night shift as I lost track of time. No one believed my lame excuse .

Andy - SDDW

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Sand Dancin Donkey Walker View Post
    Hi Hamish

[COLOR=navy]Thanks for your comments. The Nikon came with an 18-50mm and a 70-200mm lenses.

Andy - SDDW
    70-200 eh.. which one?

I'm Andy.

Hi Hamish

The lens, now I have looked more carefully is a Nikon DX 55 - 200mm 1:4 - 5:6 GED

I will be looking at getting a couple of Skylite filters as protection for the Lenses, I presume that is a good idea. Any other tips would be appreciated too.

Cheers,

Andy - SDDW

I'm Shaun.

Hey there...! Just one point. Why use a 150 quid lens and put a 20 quid filter in front of it...??? For me, it makes no sense. Better still... DO NOT touch the lens with anything other than a good microfibre cloth.

All the best.

I'm Shaun.

If your camera uses the same sensor as the Nikon D70 you have one helluva camera...!!!

I'm Andy.

Hi Saun

I'm well pleased with the camera and lenses so far. I'll take your point regarding the filters and not bother, will just be careful. All I need now is to stir up the creative side of my brain and see what I can come up with.

Andy - SDDW

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast