+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lehmann Black Cube SE PWX

I'm Pedro.

Default Lehmann Black Cube SE PWX

I was looking for a Graham Slee or a Dino but I may get a good deal on a Lehmann, would it be an improvement over my Brio-R? How does it compare to the ones above? TT is a Sony PS-X6 and a SAE 1000LT.

I'm Frank.

Hi Pedro,

I tried a Dino MkI a few years ago and moved onto a Lehmann Black Cube SE. For me, there was no contest, I much preferred the Lehmann. However, I never tried the Dino with the fancy PSU that was available so maybe it wasn't a completely fair comparison. It was my opinion at the time that the addition of the PSU would have to radically alter the sound of the Dino in order for me to prefer it to the Lehmann. It must be said that I may simply have preferred the tonal balance and sound delivery of the Lehmann over and above that of the Dino, which never really sounded 'right' to my ears.

I still have the Lehmann and absolutely love it. It could never be mistaken for anything other than a solid state design and it is punchy and musical in a way that other phono stages I tried simply weren't. The Dino had a rather more delicate, airy delivery, but lacked the authority and bass weight of the Lehmann.

As for whether it would be an improvement on the stage in the Brio-R I really couldn't say, but I imagine that it would and should considering the RRP of each.

Regards,

Frank
    Last edited by mido; 27-11-2013 at 15:59.

+ Reply to Thread