+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh crap

I'm Dan.

Default Oh crap

Since getting my turntable on the go my CD player just doesnt cut it any more i have some Vinyl and CD's by the same bands and the Vinyl just sounds so much nicer so looks like im going to try and replace all my CD's with vinyl,even the missus walked and f&*k me that sounds excellent we just cant stop listening vinyl now, infact shes not a hifi head but she's got right into it now oh bugger looks like we gonna be taken over vinyl i do love vinyl you cant beat it (some will probly say you can) but im glad ive rekindled my love for Vinyl again .
    Audio Innovations S500 integrated, Art Skibo's, Quad 66 CDP.

I'm Geoff.

Are you using a separate DAC?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Are you using a separate DAC?
    No will that help?

synsei Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ledzep View Post
    No will that help?
    It may do Dan although your Quad CDP is no mean performer in itself. I run an Arcam CD72 through a Rega DAC and the resulting sound is wonderfully analogue. Mind you, the CD72 has a particularly good DAC circuit onboard so it sounds pretty good through its analogue out sockets. Using it with the Rega takes things up a notch however

I'm Geoff.

My Meridian 507 sounds excellent, but using it as a transport into a Theta DS Pro Progeny DAC definitely takes things up a couple of notches further soundwise and bunging a Monarchy DIP (jitter buster) into the mix adds even more!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

synsei Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    My Meridian 507 sounds excellent, but using it as a transport into a Theta DS Pro Progeny DAC definitely takes things up a couple of notches further soundwise and bunging a Monarchy DIP (jitter buster) into the mix adds even more!
    How does the Monarchy DIP work Geoff and where does one place it in a system?

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by ledzep View Post
    Since getting my turntable on the go my CD player just doesnt cut it any more i have some Vinyl and CD's by the same bands and the Vinyl just sounds so much nicer so looks like im going to try and replace all my CD's with vinyl,even the missus walked and f&*k me that sounds excellent we just cant stop listening vinyl now, infact shes not a hifi head but she's got right into it now oh bugger looks like we gonna be taken over vinyl i do love vinyl you cant beat it (some will probly say you can) but im glad ive rekindled my love for Vinyl again .
    +1, I'm in the same boat, wondering why I've been wasting my time with digital. Should never have given up vinyl in the first place!
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Tony.

I sold my Arcam CD23T after buying the Technics. I had virtually stopped playing CDs

The Arcam sounded stunning and I loved it but I couldn't justify keeping a £1500 CD player to play the odd CD so it had to go.

I bought a maplins Dac for £36 and use a Panasonic bluray player to listen to CDs now or feed the TV into the amp via the Dac.

I still rarely listen to CDs though, I mainly listen to radio and vinyl.

Tony

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    +1, I'm in the same boat, wondering why I've been wasting my time with digital. Should never have given up vinyl in the first place!
    Yeah from now on i be buying Vinyl !! Tbh im not gonna be buying Dac's and things just means more wires and more boxes. My cd player will now be occasional use and that's a fact

I'm inthescottishmafia.

I'm sure mine will still get use. The NVA streamer is very good, and Nick's dac makes it even better. I've been spending a bloody fortune on fancy vinyl though...
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast