+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just Bought My First Phono Stage

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by chris@panteg View Post
    Yes let it run in ! I've just received my Puresound T10 SUT,needs about a week running in but sounds very good so far.
    Into the phono stage in the Marantz?
    How's it sounding?

I've got a Slee Reflex/PSU1 coming on their loaner scheme - 2 weeks to play with one.
    Should be good
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    Into the phono stage in the Marantz?
    How's it sounding?

I've got a Slee Reflex/PSU1 coming on their loaner scheme - 2 weeks to play with one.
    Should be good
    Hi Chris, very impressed so far, the Marrantz phono stage is pretty decent, nicely balanced with good tone, will try it with the Diablo in a few days.

Let me know how you get on with yours.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

Hi Chris, very impressed so far, the Marrantz phono stage is pretty decent, nicely balanced with good tone, will try it with the Diablo in a few days.

Let me know how you get on with yours.
    It'll be interesting to hear your take on the T10/Diablo against the Diablo on its own.
    I'm hoping to see mine tomorrow
    Chris

The Reflex landed on Saturday morning, and I've been playing vinyl at every opportunity.
    This phono stage is amazing, telling me about details in recordings on records I thought I knew inside out and backwards.
    Surface noise has all but disappeared on good condition records, and on less than perfect records the noise levels have dropped to be of little consequence.

My GramAmp 2SE/PSU1 is a very good phono stage, but the Reflex/PSU1 betters it by some margin, and points out how well the GramAmp 2SE covers its tracks.

I'm going to listen to a few other phono stages before I commit to anything, but the bar has been raised very high to start with.
    I'd better start saving
    Chris

I'm Chris.

The Reflex landed on Saturday morning, and I've been playing vinyl at every opportunity.
    This phono stage is amazing, telling me about details in opprecordings on records I thought I knew inside out and backwards.
    Surface noise has all but disappeared on good condition records, and on less than perfect records the noise levels have dropped to be of little consequence.

My GramAmp 2SE/PSU1 is a very good phono stage, but the Reflex/PSU1 betters it by some margin, and points out how well the GramAmp 2SE covers its tracks.

I'm going to listen to a few other phono stages before I commit to anything, but the bar has been raised very high to start with.
    I'd better start saving
    Wow, it's addictive isn't it Chris, how much is the reflex ? What other phono's are you thinking of then Chris .
    Chris

I'm Andrei.

This phono stage is amazing, telling me about details in recordings on records I thought I knew inside out and backwards.
    You have not heard the ifi iphono have you? I would be interested to know a comparison if you have.
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Sources:[/B] [B]1[/B][/COLOR] PC & Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]2[/B][/COLOR] Oppo BDP105   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]3[/B][/COLOR] Technics SL·1210 MK5 (Jelco 750D · Benz Wood).    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speaker Cable[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Nordost Frey.[/COLOR]    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Interconnects [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Oyaide[/COLOR][COLOR=black] & [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Geisha [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Silver.
    [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#a52a2a]Phono Stage [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black]Fosgate Signature V2. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Preamp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Ayon Eris[/COLOR][COLOR=black]. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Power Amp[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]ATC P1. [/COLOR]  ​ [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speakers[/B][/COLOR] Triangle Magellan Cello.     [COLOR=#A9A9A9]Oh Sting, where is thy death?[/COLOR]

I'm Geoff.

Glad the Reflex has worked out for you Chris.

My ERA V Gold still astonishes me and I gather the Reflex is even better (hard to believe as the Gold is so good). Graham Slee products just sound fantastic for the money. They may not be much to look at, but they certainly deliver.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Wow, it's addictive isn't it Chris, how much is the reflex ? What other phono's are you thinking of then Chris .
    It's extremely good.
    There's been a price increase recently, so it's around £700.00 ish.
    There are some Ebay sellers with pre price increase product too.
    I'd like to try the Firebottle MM, and seeing Andrei's post the iPhono might be possible to arrange.
    Chris

Have you got round to trying the SUT with the Diablo yet, Chris?
    Chris

I'm Chris.

Have you got round to trying the SUT with the Diablo yet, Chris?
    Not as yet Chris , I'm getting there, just another day or so with the pearl lite , then with the Diablo , no idea what to expect but it should be a big leap surely ? The T10 is an exceptionally good SUT !! It's a keeper no question about it.
    Chris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast