Closed Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Review coming soon about a stunning cable I am playing with . . . . . .

I'm Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by synsei View Post
    It sounds as if it is going to be very expensive. Once talk of a patent breaks cover it is pretty much a given
    Well I suggest you polish up your busking skills now Dave, these really are worth it (even though I don't know the price ) and I promise it will give your system an upgrade you simply won't believe until you hear it for yourself

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Effem View Post
    Well I suggest you polish up your busking skills now Dave, these really are worth it (even though I don't know the price ) and I promise it will give your system an upgrade you simply won't believe until you hear it for yourself
    not wishing to be cynical but how can you know somethings worth if you don't know its cost
    Paul

I'm Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by loo View Post
    not wishing to be cynical but how can you know somethings worth if you don't know its cost
    Paul
    How much does your system cost? How much would a better component cost to make a sizeable upgrade to the sound? If you went from a £1000 amp to a £3000 amp it wouldn't even come close from the performance uplift gained. From a CABLE?????? In that context it is a bargain - even though I don't know it's projected cost.

I did say above that I really am sticking my neck out with such bold and radical statements, but made it I have, so I repeat:

"I promise it will give your system an upgrade you simply won't believe until you hear it for yourself"

synsei Guest

To be honest Frank I was so bowled over by the improvement Paul@RFC's Reference Neptunes brought to the table these new cables would need to be very good indeed for me to even consider them and priced at a similar level too. If they are destined to cost hundreds of pounds then I will just have to to learn to live without them

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Effem View Post
    How much does your system cost? How much would a better component cost to make a sizeable upgrade to the sound? If you went from a £1000 amp to a £3000 amp it wouldn't even come close from the performance uplift gained. From a CABLE?????? In that context it is a bargain - even though I don't know it's projected cost.

I did say above that I really am sticking my neck out with such bold and radical statements, but made it I have, so I repeat:

"I promise it will give your system an upgrade you simply won't believe until you hear it for yourself"
    I am sorry but those are just unquantifiable superlatives
    are you saying then that at £2k it would be a bargain buy cable?

I'm openingabottleofwine.

As Oscar Wilde said: "The cynic knows the price of everything and the value of nothing."

I expect these cables to be expensive, very expensive; if their construction is patented they will have to be custom made. Nothing available from conventional cable manufacturers. They might even be hand made - and that's expensive!

As to their value - well, I'll wait and see what you all say after you have bought them and tried them out in your system.
    Barry

I'm Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by synsei View Post
    To be honest Frank I was so bowled over by the improvement Paul@RFC's Reference Neptunes brought to the table these new cables would need to be very good indeed for me to even consider them and priced at a similar level too. If they are destined to cost hundreds of pounds then I will just have to to learn to live without them
    Everything is of course relative Dave and your jump from what you had before to what you have now with the RFC cable is not to be dismissed and have no wish to demean your choice.

My long years in the cable business means I probably have a far more discerning ear when it comes to wanky wires but even so I will hold my hands up and say that there is a point at which it is utterly unaffordable for me too and that threshold is quite low these days. I too may have to pass on them due to cost, BUT, the sound I am listening right now as I type this is truly unforgettable and NO cable will have that same stunning realism, dynamics and clarity that this "Cable X" has. So I have this torture going on in my mind currently that if I do pass because the price set is beyond my means, then I will find it hard going back to what I have in my current cables stash which isn't cheap by any means. I really hope I don't have to, but then again we may all be jumping to incorrect assumptions that the price will have more zeros that the Starship Enterprise's odometer

I'm Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by loo View Post
    I am sorry but those are just unquantifiable superlatives
    are you saying then that at £2k it would be a bargain buy cable?
    NOTHING in hi-fi is quantifiable, so unless you personally have spent around £2k on upgrading a single component in your system, then of course my statement could be construed as "meaningless". It isn't to me because I have done that many times and the law of diminishing returns quickly jumps into the equation. In THAT context if this blessed cable WERE to cost £2k, then yes it is a bargain because I suggest this cable doesn't play by the diminishing returns laws, whereas other cables with lofty price tags I have bought and sold, do.

I'm ChrisB.

The only way to truly dominate an established market with an excellent product is to charge a low price for it, so we'll have to see how it all pans out.

I'm Tom.

I think this thread is turning into a price fixation without knowing what that price actually is yet We may all be very surprised at how affordable they are, so watch this space.

It also seems that I am being personally hassled for not knowing what price it is

Here is what I expect from the readers of this thread:

1. You accept that I am not lying or embellishing the truth when I say how firkin good these cables really are.

2. That when they do become available that you listen for yourselves via a home demo and get totally blown away like I have.

3. Don't badger me for what I don't know. Either ask here or PM David at MCRU

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast