Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Review coming soon about a stunning cable I am playing with . . . . . .

I'm Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I think David should consider this type of feedback from members very carefully. The bit in bold (over-promotion), I'm sorry, David, is an old story. You really must learn to rein in the overbearing salesmanship or unfortunately, mate, I will have to take some preventative action.

I've largely stayed out of this discussion, but have kept an eye on things from the sidelines, and regardless of how good these cables are, I too dislike threads like this (nothing at all against you Frank) where a 'lollipop is dangled in front of the kids', as it were, creating excitement, before the kids know if they can afford to take a lick...

Instead of exciting me about the product, it turns me off (as I dislike the hype, whether intentional or not), so therefore the whole exercise is counterproductive, especially now as other members are expressing their concerns, both in public and in private.

So, David, until you can spit out how much these cables are going to cost, I suggest that we leave this discussion as it is for now and update it when you are in a position to supply a price for the cables concerned, unless that is Frank has got anything more he wants to add?

Marco.
    I really can understand the concerns of the folks on AoS who possibly accept that A) I am hearing what I hear with these cables and B) Have no motives for saying that they are superb when in fact to quote Marco, that it might only be "manufactured hype" to which I would be deeply offended. Yes of course there is benefits to MCRU from my appraisal, but I felt that was far outweighed by what I heard and what I believe is of benefit to those who like me want a cable that gives more than just subtle nuance, detail or tonality changes for what can be a considerable outlay elsewhere amongst it's rivals - which I have extensive experience of. I stand by that statement by virtue of the fact that I have written similar testimonials for the likes of Belkin, TQ and a few others besides over the years, which have directly benefited AoS members.

I hear all your concerns too about the projected/anticipated costs this cable might have, so can you all then imagine that being the person that HAS heard these cables first hand and the performance they provide, also has no clue whatsoever of what that cost might be? I will quote again Marco above by saying that I have licked the bloody lollipop and don't know if I can even afford to buy the flippin' stick it sits on

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

No problem, Frank. I'm fully aware that your thoughts on these cables are genuine and that your part in proceedings is simply that of an intrigued enthusiast. I also have little doubt that your findings are accurate, as I trust your ears in these matters.

However, I know that you can also see where I'm coming from. Therefore, until a price is provided by David for these cables, would you mind if we locked the thread, in order to prevent any further 'hype'?

Rest assured that the thread will be re-opened once a price has been given for these cables, whereupon the whole discussion will become more relevant for everyone

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post

However, I know that you can also see where I'm coming from. Therefore, until a price is provided by David for these cables, would you mind if we locked the thread, in order to prevent any further 'hype'?

Rest assured that the thread will be re-opened once a price has been given for these cables, whereupon the whole discussion will become more relevant for everyone

Marco.
    A sensible idea Marco, given that we are are all lost like a fart in the fog until we know what ££££££ it is

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Cheers, dude!

David, when you've decided how much these cables are going to cost, let me know and I'll re-open the thread.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789