+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cheap as chips cart - Cheap as chips sound?

synsei Guest

I know it isn't everybody's cup of tea but I've always had a bit of a soft spot for Audio Technica's AT95e. It delivers a mature performance for very little money although it can sound a little bass light in some installations. These carts really begin to show their quality when fitted with either one of these, or for even better performance, one of these

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I have no experience of the AT95 (?). But I do have some admiration for Audio Technica; their AT66 (in those days: 1969 (?)) was an eye opener.)

Remember a collegue of mine swapping the M55E for an AT66E, without my knowledge. Yes, I immediately knew something had been changed (to the amazement of my collegue), but recognised that the AT66E portrayed an aural picture that was as equally valid as that portrayed by the M55E.
    Barry

I'm Josie.

The MP-10 is no opening up a little now. I gotta tell you I'm really quite happy with this baby... I could live with this quite happily, it's a happy chappy!

I've just checked back with the guy on ebay who is selling these, today he's sold a stock of 8 in less than 3 hours.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm guy.

[QUOTE=walpurgis;502376]

.......... but the only non MCs that really work for me are the now ancient ADCs ...........QUOTE]

+1
    I have very fond memories of the ADC XLM (mk11?), it even sold for a while with a "free" magnesium alloy headshell.

Guy.

I'm stu.

Looking forward to getting mine.
    Had one in the 80s.

Using a denon as a stand in whilst my koetsu gets fixed,can barely listen to it as it's giving me a headache.
    Hoping the nag is better than this.
    301/Puresound 2A3/quite large Grf cab horny ones.Eminence/Coral/Le cleach

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12