+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Attention metalheads :)

I'm Dan.

Default Attention metalheads :)

Hiya

Did a search but got no results back so it looks like no one mentioned this website before. If you like metal and you're an audiophile - check it out.

http://www.metal-fi.com/

Im enjoying this blog a lot. Its nice to see that some metalheads do care about sound quality

I'm nigel.

indeed, indeed..quite a few "metal" albums benefit from a decent system.

my faves include anything by led zep...jimmy page was..is a bit of a stickler for sound quality,

van halen...although the first rightly concentrates on the fab guitar tone,

back in black by ac/dc..great test disc...although my fave tester has to be skyscraper by david lee roth, a good system with plenty of lowend extension is required to reveal billy Sheehan's bass playing.

I'm James.

Plenty of metalheads into high quality headphones... Just check out HeadFi ! Its quite hard to find a system [on a mortals budget] that give's that live sound yet has resolution & detail at the same time, as with everything its a compromise.

I'm nigel.

following "beats by dr dre" headphones, lemmy has recently launched his own range but unlike beats which major in bass response, lemmys cans have more of a mid bias.....

he"s (I shit you not) calling them ahem....MOTORHEAD PHONES!!!!

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by sumday View Post
    following "beats by dr dre" headphones, lemmy has recently launched his own range but unlike beats which major in bass response, lemmys cans have more of a mid bias.....

he"s (I shit you not) calling them ahem....MOTORHEAD PHONES!!!!
    bloody hell - I thought that you're joking. Then I googled it....

http://www.motorheadphones.com/en/about/the_story

I'm Neil.

There's a couple of reasons I have a pair of Grados... a) I can massively crank it up without fear of upsetting anyone b) they're just made for rock & metal.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Neil.

"Like anything which carries the Motörhead name, the phönes went through rigorous testing and were subjected to sharp criticisms in development. Lemmy doesn't fuck around and neither he, Mikkey nor Phil would tolerate sub-standard products. Test-sets flew around the world, often being thrown right back as the band refused to settle for something which was "OK" or something which was "decent"..these had to be the real thing."

Amazing marketing.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm ILOB.

Metal is where my musical journey started and still dig a bit of metal. Saw Maiden at the Bandwagon before they got signed. Nought like 15" drivers cranking at loud volumes to give you that sense of power and dynamics apart from a gig
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm ILOB.

Quote Originally Posted by istari_knight View Post
    Plenty of metalheads into high quality headphones... Just check out HeadFi ! Its quite hard to find a system [on a mortals budget] that give's that live sound yet has resolution & detail at the same time, as with everything its a compromise.
    I reckon you can do it for under £1700 (not sure that's a mortal budget) if you prepared to go DIY, maybe less if you go second hand (without using headphones)
    For me with metal you have to physically feel it in your body as well as hear it, but most will be happy with headphones
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Metal is where my musical journey started and still dig a bit of metal. Saw Maiden at the Bandwagon before they got signed. Nought like 15" drivers cranking at loud volumes to give you that sense of power and dynamics apart from a gig
    Headphones give the same sort of experience if clean enough and loud enough. It is interesting that there's a big rock and metal community into cans. When I use my headphones it's definitely the Maiden & Judas Priest coming out at rocking volumes.

+ Reply to Thread