+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pro-ject ESSENTIAL III

I'm Francis.

Smile Pro-ject ESSENTIAL III

Good day everyone, at 62 yrs young, I'm only at entry level in hifi collection of gear and music. However my recent purchase, tho modest in price has elevated my listening enjoyment to a more pleasing hobby. The Pro-ject essential III table at first listen was a purchase I had to make. I've owned in the past a Garrad 104, Sony Sp10 and a Heybrook TT2 which I still posses. Neither of these tables gave the satisfaction I enjoy now. Was it the tonearm combo and mismatch cartridge selection or just the other gear further down the line? Who knows? Hang in there, not done!
    In my excitement I figured I was satisfied, not to be. A friend of mine suggested I move to the SUPER OM10 version of the cartridge that is supplied. I did, and the fun meter move near Vertical. Then I read an offer from an online magazine suggesting I purchase at an introduction price, a "Cartridge Enabler" and being the week person I am, "I'll but that Baby! What's your angle?" Well I've got to say this purchase has sent my fun meter into the Red! It a little felt like fabric with mounting washers the couples or de-couples the cartridge and plays my old scratchy LPs so much better that I reinstalled the supplied OM 1O cart. and found it plays just as well as the super om10 without the price tag of $40plus over the super! I say give it a try... "OriginLive website". Cheers!

I'm Russell.

I can’t seem to visualize what you’re talking about? Any chance of a photo?

I will vouch for the Pro-Ject Debut table! It outperformed many of my old ‘tables that cost much more. It’s very basic, and that’s why it works!

Russell

I'm Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    I can’t seem to visualize what you’re talking about? Any chance of a photo?

I will vouch for the Pro-Ject Debut table! It outperformed many of my old ‘tables that cost much more. It’s very basic, and that’s why it works!

Russell
    I think it's this Russell - a cheaper version of the Cartridge Man's Isolator. Interesting concept as it flies in the face of some conventional wisdom regarding coupling the cart to arm and letting the arm dissipate energy...

https://www.originlive.com/hi-fi/tur...ridge-upgrade/
    ----------------------
    Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do - you'll be a mile away. And have his shoes.

Wavy grooves go thru a RigB 540ML on an SL1500C. Digits stream from a cheapie CDP and a Sonos, into a Yamaha 803D driving Kralk Audio little 'uns. I used to have a Linn but I'm better now.

I'm Francis.

Default Pro-ject

JASON P beat me to the draw and also put the link forward. You'll find an explanation and discretion of the product. I'm about to order a second Enabler for my jelco/2M red combo.

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason P View Post
    I think it's this Russell - a cheaper version of the Cartridge Man's Isolator. Interesting concept as it flies in the face of some conventional wisdom regarding coupling the cart to arm and letting the arm dissipate energy...

https://www.originlive.com/hi-fi/tur...ridge-upgrade/
    That’s what I was thinking, but wasn’t sure. So many things have an audible effect in the mechanical chain. I saw a kit of weighted screws, in aluminum, plastic, stainless and brass. I haven’t tried it, but I’d be curious as to how each affected the sound?

I’m sure it’s a fine product, but that name! “Enabler”, is that insinuating that we have a problem? Ha! An Enabler for our stereo fixation? Maybe so!

Russell

+ Reply to Thread