+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vinyl. At Last.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Default Vinyl. At Last.

Well it's been a long time coming, but I finally have a vinyl front end up and running. I've had a 401 which has been languishing on the top of a wardrobe for the last several years. Finally decided to get it sorted out, so I have serviced it, bought a Jelco 250, a Denon 103r and I have the loan of a twin tier 300mm slate plinth whilst my own is being made. I have not had any vinyl in my system for getting on for 30 years.

David Brook has kindly lent me one of Nick's fantastic phono stages, and I also have coming one of Alan's (Firebottle) MC valve stages to try. I also have the built in MM/MC phono stage in my Threshold pre, and a Mayware SUT to try too, so spoilt for choice really!

Cart is brand new, so needs running in, and I've already noticed an improvement from last night to this morning. Currently playing through Nick's stage and sounding truly wonderful.

“Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

MartinT Guest

Excellent, Ali. I honestly thought you were on vinyl for ages, hadn't realised you'd stored it all away. It must all seem worthwhile now.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

It certainly does, though it seems to have a habit of emptying your bank account...
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Just got it all set up for the first time last night BTW.

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Martin.

Is that a 'Danger of Death' sticker I see on the TT? - Nice touch.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Dave.

Beautiful looking setup Ali. I love the look of slate plinths.

Are those shot glasses on the second shelf?
    In - Tweaked Lenco GL75, Linn Ittok, Ortofon Cadenza Black
    Through - Croft Micro 25 RS LS, power R monoblocks, RIAA R. Ortofon ST-80 SE SUT.
    Along - Tellurium Q Ultra Black cables
    Out - Harbeth SHL5 Plus XD's

Street photography

Dave

I'm Richard.

Looking good Ali. Welcome back to the black stuff

Richard

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Is that a 'Danger of Death' sticker I see on the TT? - Nice touch.

Aye, thought it might keep the inquisitive away. Someone had them made up for a previous Owston. They say " Do not touch, not only will this kill you, It'll hurt the whole time you're dying"

Hunter S Thompson

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Thing Fish View Post
    Beautiful looking setup Ali. I love the look of slate plinths.

Are those shot glasses on the second shelf?
    I can see how you'd think that!

They are Perspex legs on my NVA streamer.

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Aye, thought it might keep the inquisitive away. Someone had them made up for a previous Owston. They say " Do not touch, not only will this kill you, It'll hurt the whole time you're dying"
    lol f'kin brilliant
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast