+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi there

I'm brian.

Default Hi there

Nice to be amongst fellow hi fi and music lovers. Enjoy a varied mix of musical tastes, including pop jazz and classical, and now the little one has grown up Im back to what I enjoy doing most sitting in front of the hi fi listening to great music. Well, upgrading wise Ive had an interesting year, going from a modest audio lab 8000a, then got going through the gears to include a quad 306 power amp, audio note zero series pre amp, zero series mono blocks, and then buying a 2nd hand audio note meishu, hauling it back on the coach from Middlesborough to London in the middle of the night.The amps in nr mint condition and sounds wonderful, though as usual with these things I need to upgrade the rest of my system to get the full benefit of this legendary piece of equipment. Its so huge Ive had to place it for the time being on a ikea coffee table.The rest of my rather overshadowed system includes a audiomecca mephisto transport [ superb when working], audio alchemy dac, dti,with various power supplies, arc am 8se cd player and clear audio concept turntable.Anyway its been kinda nice writing this and becoming a part of your community.Nearly forgot my speakers are the rather obscure shan shimnas, owned them for 22 years which says it all about these incredible little polymer/concrete stand mounts, stood on there own dedicated stands.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Brian.

From your description, it seems you have some interesting gear. We would love to see some photos of it.

Welcom again

Regards
    Barry

MartinT Guest

Hi Brian and welcome to AoS. I've heard of your speakers but never seen them in the fresh.

Photos please!

I'm Julian.

Welcome from me Brian - down the road in Highgate ...
    Sonore Rendu - Cambridge Audio Edge W - Sonus Faber Venere 2.5

I'm Ben.

Takes some dedication to haul gear half way down the country on a bus!
    Welcome onboard anyway dude.
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Firebottle modded Tron Convergence Phono Stage,
    Bluesound Node 2i, Technics SL DZ 1200 CD
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm brian.

Default Brian

Thanks for the kind words everybody. Yes, and it gets sillier because I had a chronic bad back at the time, but I must say everybody was so helpful in assisting me to carry the thing. But there you go once you decide on a piece of hi fi kit its gotta happen I guess? Excellent class of people in Highgate/Hampstead Jules. Try for photos soon.

I'm Paul.

Hi Brian and welcome to the forum
    Streamer: NovaFidelity X40, Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, Amp: Belles Aria, Loudspeakers: Quadral Aurum Montan VIII, Rack: Creaktiv Trend 1, Cables: Beresford, Chord, Coherent, MCRU, Rega, TCI.

I'm ILOB.

Welcome Brian
    Hampstead a lovely area I sometimes spend time in the Heath
    Welcome to AOS would love to see some pictures of your gear
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

+ Reply to Thread