+ Reply to Thread

Thread: hello out there.

I'm Phil.

Default hello out there.

Just joined on here although read posts regularly.
    Hi fi system :
    Marantz pm6003, Philips Cd (old one), Grado SR80 I phones, diesis Mini (Ruark) and Celestion Dutton 332.
    TV system:
    Panasonic TX 42 PZ80, TiVo, Yamaha RX667, Boston Acoustics XS5.1, Sony
    BDP360.
    Looking to improve TV sound and possibly Cd/BR to hi-fi level .

Phil

I'm ChrisB.

Hi Phil,
    Welcome!
    What's your poison from a musical point of view?

I'm Phil.

My listening is pretty eclectic , ranging from Bruno Mars, Amy Winehouse back to The Faces + Mr. R.Stewart with all sorts in between but I suppose it could all be classed as Pop . Don’t listen to classical etc.

At the moment I listen to music on the TV system which leaves a bit to be desired. I prefer to upgrade the speakers in the TV system if I can with the addition of a decent modern deck ie Pro-ject Debut or Rega RP1 (ilo Technics SLB2+VMS20E ) which I forgot to mention in the welcome note. For info the Yamaha has a phono input.

I also have the option of adding my sons Sony BDP 470 which may be a little better for CD/BR playback than my BDP360 as he doesnt use it.

Speakers I have in mind are Tannoy DC4T or 2nd hand Rega RS3 , although I have been told the Dali Zensor 5 may be better with the Yamaha . But these must be good for speech as my high range hearing is going now . Must also look nice and not be too big and probably be in a similar colour to Oak…the wifes conditions …that’s why my Ditton 332s are languishing in the garage at the moment and my Diesis in the loft !

Thanks,
    Phil

I'm Paul.

Hi Phil, welcome to the forum
    Streamer: NovaFidelity X40, Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, Amp: Belles Aria, Loudspeakers: Quadral Aurum Montan VIII, Rack: Creaktiv Trend 1, Cables: Beresford, Chord, Coherent, MCRU, Rega, TCI.

I'm Andy.

Welcome aboard fellow Essex boy Phil, where in the great county of Essexshire you from?
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm Phil.

Hi Andy, I'm in Benfleet, which seems to be in no-mans land for hi-fi shops with good range. I want to hear Tannoy DC4T but no ones got them near here. Rayleigh hi-fi is ok but most of their stuff is out of my reach.
    Anyway, good to be here.
    Phil

I'm Phil.

I'm so excited - I just bought a pair of Rega RS5s for £410 from Cash Converters . I can't wait to get them. I bought my Marantz PM6003 from there too at a bargain £150 about 2 yrs ago.
    Hope my Yamaha RXV667 can drive them ,if not i will looking for a cheap Brio amp.
    O happy day......

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by goalhanger View Post
    Hi Andy, I'm in Benfleet, which seems to be in no-mans land for hi-fi shops with good range. I want to hear Tannoy DC4T but no ones got them near here. Rayleigh hi-fi is ok but most of their stuff is out of my reach.
    Anyway, good to be here.
    Phil
    Benfleet - that explains the Diesis speakers.

Welcome from another Essex member.

I'm Phil.

Hello HiFi-Dave , Yes I got the Diesis in Rayleigh Hi-Fi years back , long before Brian O'rourke founded Ruark in 1985. I was listening to various speakers in my price range when he 'accidently' put on some Spendors. I said whaoo they were good and he said if I liked them I would like these - Diesis Mini bookshelves. And I did , they were a bit more expensive but they still sound good today . Very heavy but with an amazingly full sound for the size.
    Rayleigh Hi-Fi did seem to cater more for the 'poorer' end then - they are a bit 'esoteric' now and I feel like the guys in the Monty Python sketch when I go in there - 'how many watts? ' .
    After not really managing to use my latest aquisition the ditton 332s , which I refurbed the cabinets and re-capped the X-over and replaced tweeters I am looking forward to the Rega RS5s - another local firm !

Cheers.

+ Reply to Thread