Does anyone know anything about this player?? Where it falls in the scheme of things?

I have a Dutch electrical engineer friend who, understandably, reckons that Philips is where its at I took a punt on this instead of a Sansui player that was up at the same time on French eBay. One of the reasons was that the Sansui was €50 and this one ended up at €3

I plugged the phones in and am astonished at what is coming through. OK I know that the hi-fi freaks would write of a basic player like this as tat but it passes my basic test. I couldn't stop my feet tapping when listening to Paganini. The basic sound is very smooth with good bass control. I haven't compared it directly with the Marantz CD63SE yet, but from memory, its not far off.

For a bedroom system its great and at that price, I ain't gonna complain. I prefer a player without all the bells and whistles and program this and program that as it seems that the dosh might have been spent on the essentials. Not sure how much this was, presumably the cheaper end.

Apart from the slightest wear on the play button, its immaculate. Some value here I think.