+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slate Age Ltd: Customer review and wholehearted endorsement.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

We're not sure what is happening Dave,just that no-one has been able to contact Darren,either by phone or email.This was brought to a head recently when a customer posted asking if anyone was in contact with Darren as he had paid for,but not received,a plinth for a Garrard.Some who were in regular contact with him no longer get any reply.There is a bit of concern about this.I've met Darren and he's a good bloke.I hope he is ok.

Wink

Hi Ali

Well, I would pay for the stock and IP's and a bit for goodwill. And promise to carry on in the style that made them what they are. I think they are entirely complimentary to what I do?

Or, if they need help, I'm on the end of a phone.

Regards

Dave

I'm InSpace.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Cawley View Post
    Have Slatedeck really gone? I would be interested to buy them out?

Dave
    So rumour has it!
    Shian7
    --------------------------------------------------------

Kudakutemo
    kudakutemo

ari mizu-no tsuki

Though it be be broken -
    broken again - still it's there:
    the moon on the water.

- Choshu.

Default Slate plinth

Well after a couple of visits to see John at Slate Age,I have ordered a twin 40mm plinth for the Garrard 401 thats been idle for some time. I have left him my deck and my old plinth so he can sort out templates for future projects.(mine has a modded RB250 arm but John could sort out any im sure)
    He says it should be done in 3-4 weeks and I will update with some pics (if I can manage to upload them) when I get it.
    Clive

I'm Steve.

I was talking to John this morning about plinths and the only concerns he had about producing plinths where having the correct dimensions and info for the arm board, but I'm sure there's enough turntable related knowledge on this forum to provide said info to John.

John also has strong links with (I believe) the owner of Hope Technology, who are a very well respected, British manufacturer of high-spec mountain bike parts. I know there products well, and when you think that they were originally an aerospace company, I don't think there's any doubt that they would be able to provide John with any special metal hardware he may need.
    Steve aka 'Twelvebears' (it's a long story)
    System: Technics 1210 Mk5, Jelco 750 arm, AT33EV via MF X-LP2 Phono Stage, Oyaide mat and record clamp. SB Touch via Marantz PM-11S1 amp and Wilson Benesch A.C.T. speakers. Mark Grant cables and PS Audio Power Plant Premier mains regenerator.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12