+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Panasonic anounces an end to plasma tv production .

MartinT Guest

You can't judge any TV in the shops. They are all set to 'demo' or 'vivid' mode and look horrible, with over-saturated colours and over-sharpened edges. Once you get them home reset them to 'normal' or better still 'THX' mode and you should get nice natural colours and good resolution. Don't forget that plasma sets need a little running-in for the colours to fully saturate, not sure about LCD.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

A good idea to buy a set up dvd, can make a real difference IMHO.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

MartinT Guest

Yep, I use this one:

I'm Andr'e.

I know what you are saying Martin but in all honesty new TV's look very clear & sharp looking compared {Something i don't like}, i played about with my mates new panasonic TV, no way can i get it to look like ours does, as no way can i get ours to look like his..

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    Yep, I use this one:
    What I shall get when I eventually buy a Plasma !
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

MartinT Guest

Depends if you'll have a Blu-ray spinner by then! It's no good testing an HD set with SD pictures.

I'm Mike.

Depends if you'll have a Blu-ray spinner by then! It's no good testing an HD set with SD pictures.
    Unlikely. If hifi is 10 out of 10 then TV is around 5 or maybe less. Buying any sort of TV kit is very low importance.
    Not sure why. Similar with cameras, just can't get excited about them
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

MartinT Guest

Yes, but you can put a Blue-ray player in your shopping trolley next to the spuds, these days.

EDIT: my old Sony multi-region Blue-ray/DVD player is in the garage which you can have cheap, if you like?

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Yes, but you can put a Blue-ray player in your shopping trolley next to the spuds, these days.

EDIT: my old Sony multi-region Blue-ray/DVD player is in the garage which you can have cheap, if you like?
    If it is truly multi-region (Sony being film makers usually arrange for their players to be region fixed - and this is done with hardware, so cannot be "reprogrammed") Martin, then I'll buy it off you.

PM me with details

Thanks
    Barry

I'm Mike.

Thanks for the offer. I have a Toshiba DVD player that hasn't been turned on in months, likely not at all this year.
    I do have a rather nice record deck and CD player that get a lot is use though

Mike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast