+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from Scotland

I'm Peter.

Smile Hello from Scotland

Just received my Bushmaster MkII and as a result discovered this forum. Contributing to on-line discussions is new for me, so hello to you all. I shall be passing comment on those thing where I may be able enlighten or interest others, or perhaps to elicit opinions.

So would like to know about my system?

Well, already told you about the Bushmaster. It feeds into a Krell KAV300iL integrated amp, which in turn drives a pair of IPL S4 KEVLAR Ribbon Transmission Line loudspeakers. Digital sources are a Cambridge Audio CD Player, Bush DAB tuner and Panasonic Plasma TV, Blu-ray player and HD PVR.

The sound quality is excellent, although limited by room acoustics. Perhaps my next upgrade should be a new house! The good news is that well recorded audio sounds brilliant, bad news is that there are some awful recordings about and I can hear all the warts, which is interesting if you like to analyse recording technique, but not much use for pleasurable listening. At its best, listening to a good classical recording, for example a Telarc CD, the system disappears and only the music remains. Wasn't that the whole idea in the first place!

Enough for now. I shall see what sort response I get and go from there.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Hi, welcome
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Brian.

Welcome from me too.

I'm scott.

welcome peter lots of AOSers up north

I'm Paul.

Hi Peter and welcome to the forum
    Streamer: NovaFidelity X40, Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, Amp: Belles Aria, Loudspeakers: Quadral Aurum Montan VIII, Rack: Creaktiv Trend 1, Cables: Beresford, Chord, Coherent, MCRU, Rega, TCI.

I'm Dave.

Hi Peter . welcome to AOS.
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

+ Reply to Thread