+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Behringer UCA-202?

I'm RichardbutpreferRich.

Default Behringer UCA-202?

My sons Aiwa all in one music sytem recently went to the grave and so I am trying to sort him with a repalcement. I have ordered him a Denon UD-M30 system off flea bay which will hopefully handle CD & radio duties, but much of is music is in digital format on an ancient decktop PC running Win XP. He therefore needs a USB dac to get from the PC to the Denon but trouble is he does't have much money to spend and is looking for something cheap (max £25).

From internet searches the Behringer UCA-202 comes up as being within budget but I would pleased to hear from those in the know if they think it would do the job for him or if there are any better alternatives out there.

Cheers
    Rich

Source: Squeezebox Touch, Chinese AK4396 DAC, Pioneer PL-112D + Shure M75ED type2, Pioneer PD-7700 CDP
    Amp: Sansui AU-505
    Speakers: Ditton 44's

I'm Nodrog.

I don't see how it can be beaten at the price. I use one on the main computer for casual listening and its a great improvement on just using the 4mm out socket.

synsei Guest

If he can stretch to an extra tenner this could fit the bill, it also has coaxial and optical intputs as well as a headphone output

Digital to analogue convertor with USB audio interface and headphone amplifier. With the advent of music in digital form the DAC is the most affordable and effective way to upgrade any CD/DVD player computer games console or network device to truly high-end sound quality. Devices with an on-board DAC can also be enhanced by the increased resolution and sample functionality of the DAC and allows you to hear so much more from compressed material. The DAC has all of the inputs and outputs the everyday audiophile will need. One optical one coaxial and one USB input are enough for most applications. Up to three digital sources - Blu-ray player, cable box, CD player, computer, DVD player, HD games console, media player and set-top box etc. can be connected concurrently using S/PDIF coaxial toslink optical inputs or USB port. DAC is the ideal converter for music lovers seeking an excellent value upgrade to 24 bit advanced HD (high definition) audio. Features: Supports up to 24 bit / 192 KHz. Listen to high definition downloads in full resolution. Play music directly from your desktop or laptop computer via USB. Plug and play with Windows XP Vista and Windows 7. Requires no additional software or drivers. Works with all audio formats the higher the bitrate the better. USB, S/PDIF coaxial and toslink optical inputs. Connect audio player or any device with a digital output. Connect stereo output to power amplifier for playback over speakers.Adjustable headphone output is provided for personal listening. Power supply (5 VDC) either USB or external power adaptor. Appealing compact design. Specifications: Word length supported: 16 to 24- bits. Digital audio input - Type: S/PDIF optical on toslink 44 1~192 KHz S/PDIF coaxial on RCA 44.1~192 KHz. Format: IEC-60958 S/PDIF compatible. Sample rate: 44.1 / 48 / 88.2 / 96 / 176.4 / 192 KHz. USB audio input - Type: USB 1.1 interface (USB 2.0 compatible) Sample rate: 44.1 / 48 / 96 KHz. OS Support: Windows XP

I'm tony.

the berringher is a great bit of kit. The headamp is good, the dac is spot on and if he upgrades to a better dac the 202 can perform usb-optical duties.....my son utilises mine for that. Great VFM bit of hi fi.

I'm Paul.

This might be worth considering for even less. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Delock-USB-S...pdif+converter.

The audio output provides a combo interface and can be used as common analogue stereo output or as optical digital (SPDIF) output. It also supports higher res files.

I'm Craig.

Quote Originally Posted by twickers View Post
    This might be worth considering for even less. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Delock-USB-S...pdif+converter.

The audio output provides a combo interface and can be used as common analogue stereo output or as optical digital (SPDIF) output. It also supports higher res files.
    Do you still get output from the headphone socket on a laptop when using this device?
    A mate needs two outputs, and this looks ideal.
    Bluesound Node 2i
    Audio Analogue Pucinni SE
    B&W DM607 s2
    Chord Shawline X speaker cable
    Klotz ic’s

I'm Nodrog.

Quote Originally Posted by icehockeyboy View Post
    Do you still get output from the headphone socket on a laptop when using this device?
    A mate needs two outputs, and this looks ideal.
    You do on the Behringer.

+ Reply to Thread