+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 401

I'm Dominic.

Surprising what a stylus picks up that the ear next to the workings doesnt.

I'm brian.

Can I just ask. What is "Ouston "

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by take5 View Post
    Can I just ask. What is "Ouston "
    Its Owston dude, a small DIY meeting held twice a year, Owston Lodge near Doncaster, this saturday and sunday coming, its a bunch of DIY folk playing about with hi-fi gear, quite interesting as it happens

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic Harper View Post
    Surprising what a stylus picks up that the ear next to the workings doesnt.
    Aye, guess so. We'll see next weekend anyway. Thanks again for the help Dom, have slackened the motor fixings a bit, just letting it run for a bit to see how warm the motor gets.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Aye, guess so. We'll see next weekend anyway. Thanks again for the help Dom, have slackened the motor fixings a bit, just letting it run for a bit to see how warm the motor gets.
    If it gets too hot you can always fan it with yer waistcoat

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Aye ok Joe 90!
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

According to the docs on here, the 401 was designed to be run 24/7 as necessary by broadcast institutions. The two I had yonks ago rumbled (motor vibration getting through) badly, due to the plinths mainly, but having heard how a properly sorted one can be, I wish you all the best for yours
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Nobody.

Nice cat Dave

Sorry carry on

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

He's from next door but treats our place as his second home. It's been decided we won't ever have a puss of 'our own' again, so his daily visits are very much appreciated and everything stops for him when he calls
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    According to the docs on here, the 401 was designed to be run 24/7 as necessary by broadcast institutions. The two I had yonks ago rumbled (motor vibration getting through) badly, due to the plinths mainly, but having heard how a properly sorted one can be, I wish you all the best for yours
    Thanks Dave. It's been 30 or so years since I've had a TT on the go, so I'm looking forward to it!

Hunter S Thompson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast