+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: A Flock of Tuners....

I'm Neil.

Update....sort off

The first two are now here................ Nice flywheel action..... Heck that one works without an aerial connected...WOW....

And fixed direct out in one case does not sound as good as via the variable output..........very interesting...

Regards D S D L
    Last edited by Spectral Morn; 27-08-2009 at 11:47.
    Regards Neil

I'm ChrisB.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Update....sort off

The first two are now here................ Nice flywheel action..... Heck that one works without an aerial connected...WOW....

And fixed direct out in one case does not sound as good as via the variable output..........very interesting...

Regards D S D L
    Now you're begining to narrow it down a bit!!
    Fixed & variable outputs.........hmmm.

I've got an idea it could be.........
    .......Nah, I'm not telling!

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    Now you're begining to narrow it down a bit!!
    Fixed & variable outputs.........hmmm.

I've got an idea it could be.........
    .......Nah, I'm not telling!
    Most good ones in the 70's had that arrangement................

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Are you offering one for the write up Dave ? I have selected my participants and the first will arrive this week, the rest in a few weeks...and then let battle commence.

Regards D S D L
    I wish I had one - my colleague bought one in 1978 or so, kept it for 15 years, sold it on and bought it back several years on. As far as I know, he still has it, feeding a Meridian A-D converter and then to the old top Krell CD player with loads of (then new) digital inputs..
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    I wish I had one - my colleague bought one in 1978 or so, kept it for 15 years, sold it on and bought it back several years on. As far as I know, he still has it, feeding a Meridian A-D converter and then to the old top Krell CD player with loads of (then new) digital inputs..
    On well...............

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

I'm ChrisB.

Most good ones in the 70's had that arrangement................

Regards D S D L
    So I was right - you've narrowed it down to good ones!?

I'm Neil.

So I was right - you've narrowed it down to good ones!?

Well I live in hope.....

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

I'm ChrisB.

So what about these imminent Japanese then Neil?
    Is there any news?
    Are there any more of those little teasing nuggets you'd like to throw our way so we can speculate even more?

Tell us .......something!!!!

I'm Neil.

So what about these imminent Japanese then Neil?
    Is there any news?
    Are there any more of those little teasing nuggets you'd like to throw our way so we can speculate even more?

Tell us .......something!!!!
    Hi Chris

I have three now two to follow probably have them this week. Alas one a Sony 5150 is the victim of an E-Bay seller who didn't give a damn about anything, crap packaging, crap communications, crap everything and then even before I had said much about the shockingly bad service etc attacked me personally. To say he got a lesson on how to sell, all aspects of retailing, packaging, customer care etc is putting it mildly. Bottom line is he just could not be bothered, so why bother at all. E-Bay would be better with out him and his possibly fake feed back. On the basis of my experience I just don't see how it could be real.

I always ask for a certain level of packaging and offer advice just in case the seller doesnt know much about such matters. I did this with this guy as a message along with the payment. He didn't reply to me for days. I had also asked him not to send the tuner if he could not get it to me by a certain date as I was going away for awhile. He sent it anyway. His vague messages were no help at all he promised a tracking number but I never got it. He then said tough about the packaging I can't afford better. Sorry but you pack to suit the needs of the goods and if you have to you do it as pick up only or charge extra for the packaging....bloody simple. No not this waster. He just didn't give a damn simple as that.

Tuner arrived in a flimsy post box (thin card not suitable for heavy item)with virtually no packing round it the box penetrated and the wood case damaged at the front edges, both side impact crush damage. Amazingly the rest of it on visual inspection was okay but its sound was distorted and last night after a wee bit of a fiddle to see if the sound issue was perhaps due to aerial overload the left channel died. So its now obvious that it has been damaged in transit or was never working, based on everything else so far I am tending to view that as being the case, but only the tosser who listed it knows.

I suspect he won't be replying to my last E-Mail/message. Frankly I want an apology from him for his totally unprofessional conduct and personal attack on me and while he has offered a refund (which doesn't solve the other issues), by the time I pack it properly and post it to him because it wasn't very dear it won't be worth my while doing it plus paypal will no doubt remove a fee on the refund.

Depending on what happens next I will be revealing all this guys details on AOS so as to warn you all not to do business with this guy. To be fair though I want to give him the opportunity to come clean and apologise to me...this may modify what I do next.

I have photos of the packaging + all my communications with him.

So no Sony...it may be fixable but I don't know what is wrong with it. The display bulbs and stereo indicator bulb are easy enough to sort out but the rest I just don't know.

Sorry for the rant but I hate this kind of thing...I told him if he had been my staff and had treated one of my shops customers like he has me i would have put him on a warning or sacked him.

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

I'm ChrisB.

That's a shame, because, apart from all your grief, it'd be nice to have heard how the Sony fared.
    They have a good reputation and can be currently found for very little money.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast