+ Reply to Thread
Page 250 of 375 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252260300350 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 3741

Thread: I Think I'm sure I'm Finished...or Zeppelin to Sinatra & Back

I'm gone.

Awesome

Bigman80 Guest

Looking good Grant. You have an enviable system.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Looking good Grant. You have an enviable system.

cheers Oli.. Sounding ok again, as are the little ones which I can run from same dac/pre without changing anything. can actually play both at same time as it has 2 outputs simultaneously
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    cheers Oli.. Sounding ok again, as are the little ones which I can run from same dac/pre without changing anything. can actually play both at same time as it has 2 outputs simultaneously
    That little DAC is on my "try" list. There's a 2nd hand one on eBay but it's too near the price for a new one. I'll pick one up at some point.

One the Alphason is in and tried, and I've picked a winner, I'll be focusing on the Digital side.

Good thread Grant.

I'm Mel.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Yep, subs can transform small speakers in quite unexpected ways.
    It's about scale and dynamics and imaging as well as bass.

Another really good pairing is LS3/5a with a decent small sub. Whoa! indeed.
    What sub would you suggest to go with the LS3/5a - I use a pair of the new Falcons on my desk and would like to try a sub with them.

Mel

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Cycleallday View Post
    What sub would you suggest to go with the LS3/5a - I use a pair of the new Falcons on my desk and would like to try a sub with them.

Mel
    I believe the Avant Garde Basshorn can be obtained for around £20,000.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

just embedded this from the bucket.. see if it disappears.

this one I have uploaded to site in an album to prove the system works and can be used by members

Last edited by struth; 01-07-2017 at 10:37.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Cycleallday View Post

Mel
    I had a BK200 sub, it kept the lovely mids of the LS3/5a but added a sense of scale and dynamics to the presentation that was quite startling.

Oh, and deeper bass, too!

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    this one I have uploaded to site in an album to prove the system works and can be used by members

What? - photos can be loaded directly on to AOS?
    How does that work? - got a linky?

I'm Grant.

Method to upload photos to site...

Click on your username at top. On next page down left hand side there is a section called albums. Click on more, then on create album. Give it a title and description, leave it public and save.
    Then click upload pictures, the add files. Add files which should show in a row below. Once you have the ones you want in that row, click done at bottom right. Then save changes button.

Now when you click on that pic, you willl receive a bb code at bottom.. post that directly into your post( no brackets are needed at they have been added).
    Done...
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread