+ Reply to Thread
Page 249 of 375 FirstFirst ... 149199239247248249250251259299349 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,490 of 3741

Thread: I Think I'm sure I'm Finished...or Zeppelin to Sinatra & Back

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Active speakers brian. Q acoustic with aptx Bluetooth etc. Sub out too. If and when I can afford one work better than I hoped cute too
    Blarrrgh! Take them to a car re-spray shop pronto and get that awful colour changed!
    Barry

I'm Grant.

How dare you lol
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Yep, subs can transform small speakers in quite unexpected ways.
    It's about scale and dynamics and imaging as well as bass.

Another really good pairing is LS3/5a with a decent small sub. Whoa! indeed.
    Plenty power from its amp and control too Could also use it with main speakers as it has high speakers in. I take it you would just attach them over the speaker ones
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

playing the Africa soundtrack, it was extremely good though the Chinese dac/amp and into the small speakers with the Sub in. you would have thought the big speakers were playing, such was the scale.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

You'll be flogging everything else then?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    You'll be flogging everything else then?
    tempted... need the big speakers to sit the little ones on tho/
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Trying out a cartridge with view to buying...i intended buying but Jerry kindly(and, well, was confident enough) lol to let me try first.

So set up was painless in this case as it prett much fitted same criteria as my wooden head and shure cart so minimal adjustments.
    Set the tracking to just below max at 1.85gm.
    Yes a mk1 goes that high.

Started with billy holliday, and even though its old recordings, it came through very clearly.

Followed by duke ellington and a 200gm (yup, getting confidence) and sounded again very good. Very assured tracking too.

No test should be without some ralph mctell. On to streets.... seperation and speed are super.

This is a very good cart. ADC xlm mk1 integra mm

Last edited by struth; 29-06-2017 at 13:01.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm gone.

My god, those are crap photos.

Great cart, though!
    I only bought it for nostalgia reasons as I had an ADC XLM I waaaay back in the long lost days of my yoof.

Cor blimey, I was blown away how good it sounds!

I'm Grant.

no light today in room and this cart doesnt like a flash. plus i can hardly stand now so your lucky to get what you got yes its very decent, and akin to a good mc yet with the best of an mm
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Default I Think I Am Finished...or Zeppelin to Sinatra & Back

Managed to get main light on...

So here it is in light

Last edited by struth; 29-06-2017 at 14:48.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread