+ Reply to Thread
Page 233 of 375 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243283333 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 3741

Thread: I Think I'm sure I'm Finished...or Zeppelin to Sinatra & Back

I'm sorted.

Very tidy Grant, I regret having given that unit away now.

I'm gone.

That looks fabulous, Grant! - now get the boys round and get those KEFs in.

I'm Grant.

Default I Think I Am Finished...or Zeppelin to Sinatra & Back

Chaos reigns as I change carts lol

Been so long. And Ive lost all my settings in the system change. We're written down. Anyway the much lower output AT95 shibata is on and playing at 2.0 gm currently. Sound is starting to sound good. I'm so used to the shure it's difficult to go back to the more refined shibata. Still done now and felt the shure deserved a rest. I don't have a replacement

Last edited by struth; 03-04-2017 at 11:57.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Yes its a very good cart now .. shibata tips really do shine up a cart. Think im a philistine but it turns it to more like a mc in style, and tbh i really love the in your face mm shure think at £145 plus imports its a bargain tbh considering what some cost.
    I will give it a few days but think i might be returning to the shure eventually...
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm phil.

Nice retro kit what is the amp above the Denton CD player, on page 221 looks great
    Regards Phil
    Modded td160 super Thorens ol encounter arm hana sl cart, angle audio studio pro mc virtual battery phono amp with separate psi, Onix pre and mono amps, Onix CD player, Onix BWD and soap tuner. B&W dm2 speakers or super pencil 12 speakers, atlas cables, seperate mains power supply with earth spike.

I'm Grant.

Its a pioneer sa8100. Using in main system now. Also using the Denon
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm phil.

I see your using telefunkens as well great speaker I need to dig out some single cone/full range speakers so miss that sound how ever good these dm2 are they just can't quite match them, how does the amp sound and does it have a phono stage
    Regards Phil
    Modded td160 super Thorens ol encounter arm hana sl cart, angle audio studio pro mc virtual battery phono amp with separate psi, Onix pre and mono amps, Onix CD player, Onix BWD and soap tuner. B&W dm2 speakers or super pencil 12 speakers, atlas cables, seperate mains power supply with earth spike.

I'm Grant.

Default I Think I Am Finished...or Zeppelin to Sinatra & Back

Quote Originally Posted by moodybuilder View Post
    I see your using telefunkens as well great speaker I need to dig out some single cone/full range speakers so miss that sound how ever good these dm2 are they just can't quite match them, how does the amp sound and does it have a phono stage
    Regards Phil
    Amp is pretty good, with plenty power fo my needs. It needed a fair bit of attention initially but always wanted one. it has a phono stage but never tried it tbh. Yes the Telefunken are of my own design. Twin drivers per side. dont need a lot of amplification but like to be controlled at same time.
    Last edited by struth; 03-04-2017 at 21:30.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Russell.

Definitely looking sharp! Very nice rig you've got there!

The under 100 rumble could be Air born. Try pulling your speakers out a foot or two, and see if it doesn't change?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    Definitely looking sharp! Very nice rig you've got there!

The under 100 rumble could be Air born. Try pulling your speakers out a foot or two, and see if it doesn't change?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yup, i hear ya. At moment there isnt room alas to move them further. Think the structure of the Ikea stuff perhaps doesnt help, being partially hollow.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread