Page 232 of 375 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232233234242282332 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 3741

Thread: I Think I'm sure I'm Finished...or Zeppelin to Sinatra & Back

Bigman80 Guest

Very nice. You've got some nice gear mate

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm gone.

That looks brilliant, Grant!

I hope you're enjoying the sound, too - you bloody well should be, that lot looks well sorted!

I'm Grant.

Cheers Oliver, Jerry. Its looking good now, so i just have to find out how to make it sound good
    Those uni players were damn near a grand originally. I bought this one as new old stock and ran it for a long time. The lader went so i replced it (gingerly) and its been rock solid since. Got another spare laser too in case
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Jerry. Its looking good now, so i just have to find out how to make it sound good
    Hmm
    ~ try swapping out the speakers for something else from your collection - I'm always suspicious of single driver full-range jobbies. Not that I've heard Telefunkens, but I've heard quite a few of the breed.

I'm Grant.

Blasphemy . My twin tellys aint going anywhere lol. Trouble is i only have fullrange speakers now. Well thats not quite true, i do have a nice pair of Kef Cara,s too. The telefunken alnico drivers are very good allrounders actually. Ive a set of singles too that are very nice too, but only 3ohm. These are 6 ohm due to series driving and a bit more gutsy.
    Actually the pioneer amp has worked surprisingly well with them; better than i thought. Ive still to work out a way to get my top loading Tandberg cassette in to the mix without looking cluttered. Maybe a little shelf at back and stand it on end.

Tbh i use my headphone rig mostly these days as i dont have to move which is a bonus in my condition
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm gone.

So - you go off your main rig when you use "full range" haha speakers. Take the hint! - put those cute little Celestions in and see if the system starts to boogie again!

I'm Grant.

Lol. Only celestions ive got are big celelestions..they are full range too. Just like headphones now i think. Thats the trouble with cans jerry. You get used to them and speakers struggle to give you same impact. Problably a sound pressure thing
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm gone.

Get one of your local mates to bring a proper () pair of speakers round.
    Just to humour me, and so you can tell me I was wrong.

But yes, I do know what you mean about 'phones - you need some exceptional speakers to match a decent pair of cans in some ways.

I'm Grant.

Next time im fit i will pop the kefs in. They are nice. Not in your face . Oh i do have a small set of celestions.. forgot about them lol. Yes they are ok but not in same league as the telefunkens which you may change your mind on if you heard them
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Fitted a pic behind to cover up all the old screw holes. Easier than redecorating

Hand painted too
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread