+ Reply to Thread
Page 185 of 375 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235285 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 3741

Thread: I Think I'm sure I'm Finished...or Zeppelin to Sinatra & Back

I'm Grant.

Bit of wood for back is not a great looking thing but its temp anyways. The small reflex hole is in. Quick test then into house.

Now into house and roughly positioned.

Have I the courage to switch them on?

Na! What if they sound terrible? I dont think i could take the rejection.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

The McDominators!

Give them a go, then!
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Mc Dominators...I like it. Lol

Good thing about big and thick boxes are if you get it near ok you get nice crisp raps n taps that sound authentic.

Yes these have that i think. Still got the mid range too. Bass is as I wanted I think .. IE. Not overpwering but there. Very good sense of space too. Just initial thoughts from 2 tracks.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

If your not running for cover they must be okay

Are they just two full rangers connected in parallel ?
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    If your not running for cover they must be okay

Are they just two full rangers connected in parallel ?
    Connected in series Martin. Gives a nominal 5.6 ohms approx but in real time a bit more i think. Probably nearer 8 for a lot of freq. also improves wattage to a massive 16. with sensitivity of about 96/98 db that would be awful loud.. 2 *10" drivers each side.
    Might yet pop a front port in too

I might add they are bloody heavy too. Not sure what to put on bottom. the current feet are pretty basic
    Last edited by struth; 26-06-2016 at 18:12.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Might yet pop a front port in too
    Go for a couple of ABRs too Grant. You may as well cover all angles.

It'll take you a day or two to accustomise to what they can do I guess. You won't have any trouble driving them, that's for sure.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

. The man is a comedian .
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Timothy.

Grant, your woodworking/cabinet skills are beyond measure. If it had been me knocking the things up, most of it would have been covered with blood stains, pieces of flesh and goodness knows what else.
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazeur1 View Post
    Grant, your woodworking/cabinet skills are beyond measure. If it had been me knocking the things up, most of it would have been covered with blood stains, pieces of flesh and goodness knows what else.
    Yes likewise. They'd also fall apart after a couple of days. Even the blood wouldn't help.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

Thanks but Duncan did most of the build.. I just took it apart and adjusted it. Did some finishing etc... Lots more to be done for final fitnfinish. Will likely veneer some of it, although not sure what yet. Have some nice birch that is extra wide and will do these, or i may use some cherry to the edges and stain main carcass. Going to make front covers for them too. Dont have these in stock so will have to wait a bit. Driver rings will need to be made too, but i have stuff that should do nicely...Still they are nice enough for moment and would cost a fortune from a manufacturer.. The 4 drivers from late 50,s or early 60,s are rare, mint and sound fab... I have a single spare too, plus a set of single drivers made up in boxes too that are my main listen. These just may beat them lol
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread