+ Reply to Thread
Page 172 of 375 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222272 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 3741

Thread: I Think I'm sure I'm Finished...or Zeppelin to Sinatra & Back

I'm Grant.

Looking at where I started, I wonder why?

Think it looked great. Sounded pretty good too...... A bit like life's journey; are any of us .................. ah Knickers lol.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

I remember the SRM TT Grant, but not the speakers. What were they?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I remember the SRM TT Grant, but not the speakers. What were they?
    Quad 21 L i think Geoff. not a bad speaker the mk1's. they did something to the mk2's that spoilt the presentation somewhat .... Yes the SRM is a nice deck, and seriously underrated tbh... Mike Greenwood has it still I think.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

You've changed about a bit since mate. I'm still using largely what I had five years ago. Don't see any need to change much. I'd need a lot of convincing that anything would be a major improvement. (mind you I do have an awful lot of gear to play about with and make 'better' permutations)
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Default I think I am (not) finished...or Zeppelin to Sinatra

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    You've changed about a bit since mate. I'm still using largely what I had five years ago. Don't see any need to change much. I'd need a lot of convincing that anything would be a major improvement. (mind you I do have an awful lot of gear to play about with and make 'better' permutations)
    I did have a spell of change didnt I still, all in I think what I have now, having tried and heard many things, and plenty of other folks systems, I am probably more than sure where Ive ended up is right sound wise. It is also handy I cant afford to do it again lol.

Gonna try to make one last pair of speakers; just for the hell of it, and fix up the leak stuff to working condition, as a vintage set, just for fun, and the fact that is looks great as well. Speakers may turn out to be not worth it but I want to find out and do ONE LAST SET
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

You know as well as I, that there's no "one last set". For the time being maybe, but the 'itch' sets in after a while!

I'm Geoff.

Just get a set of these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2523829569...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The response is not necessarily even and bass is not greatly extended, but the sheer vibrancy and life of the things is uncanny.

(you should see the prices the high impedance versions are commanding )

I'm Grant.

Doubt they would beat the tekefunken drives I'm using I've pretty much cornered the market lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

As I said elsewhere I finally got round to inspecting the Chinese double psu.
    Turned out to be a poor joint on switch so after repairing I added an earth wire to iec socket and reset the voltages. It's now running nicely although not back in system as of yet. I may well stay with the batteries for time being

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Duncan.

Hi Grant

I hope your not using that ps to power the Pi2/Pi3 and Dac, just look at the VA rating of the transformers.

Marginal with no headroom

+ Reply to Thread