+ Reply to Thread
Page 122 of 375 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 3741

Thread: I Think I'm sure I'm Finished...or Zeppelin to Sinatra & Back

I'm Grant.

Thanks Alan; yep they are not too bad. whole anyways, so that makes a change. I have just won these to go into them....

... 12" CELESTION PS12 TC1798 Wizzers.... 15 ohm and about 20 watts. Might need a little adjustment to fit but time will tell.

...Also cleaned and tidied the shed as I'm a messy worker these days

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Ha Ha. I was watching these and wondered if that was your bid Grant. Can't be bad at that price!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Alan.

Rola Celestion, there's a name from the past.

Those should be easy to drive
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Ha Ha. I was watching these and wondered if that was your bid Grant. Can't be bad at that price!
    Yep, that was mine. someone bid agin me late on and pushed the price up a tad, but hey ho, its a set of 12" full-range drivers for £40 so cant say fairer. good spot mate. They are natural back loaders and the cabs are front loading so I might have to alter things a bit, which wont be as easy as usual as the backs are sealed. never agreed with sealed backs.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Rola Celestion, there's a name from the past.

Those should be easy to drive
    Yes Alan, I would think they will be pretty sensitive and easy to drive. If I get the port right they may sound darn good.

Thats the tidiest Ive had the shed for some time lol.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

As my tannoy dc's have not sold, I think I will pull the main drivers and fit them into the Rogers cabs I have and make Ronnoy Dc's out of them ( lets hope they dont become Todgers) they should be a fair bit like system 800's me thinks. Shame to split the floorstanders but as they are they are not likely to be used by me..... I do have an eye on an exceptional pair of lovelies which at 8" are just right, so if I can find the readies I may swoop very slowly for them

I also am looking forward to the Rola's coming(going into the Dovedale cabs), although it will be another week yet as the guy is going to deliver them in person(he will be up this way apparently). I think these projects will take me the rest of the year.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Badged up the Fanes now.. Quite pleased with them

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Looking smart Grant.

Did you see these. They look in decent condition. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fane-804GT...item3f52d28741
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    As my tannoy dc's have not sold, I think I will pull the main drivers and fit them into the Rogers cabs
    Somebody on here built their own System 800 crossovers recently. The design may be helpful. If I get time later I'll have a look for it (just going out now).

I'm Grant.

I did thanks.. Very nice drivers
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Somebody on here built their own System 800 crossovers recently. The design may be helpful. If I get time later I'll have a look for it (just going out now).
    Yes it was juha i think. Not sure if the current xovers would be able to be adapted or not. It must have a section that crosses over to the bass driver but would think it may be altered. Maybe one for Paul or someone with more knowlege than me...like anyone
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread