+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 375 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 3741

Thread: I Think I'm sure I'm Finished...or Zeppelin to Sinatra & Back

I'm Grant.

Thanks Martin..and yes i think your right re wall being closer and it will be. have it back out in wshop for further fettling but am on to cab 2....took me 3/4hr just to get the driver and what he thought were speaker pillars 2 long star bent screws and 2 threaded bend bolts with overtightened nuts..thread damaged! at least it wadnt gonna fall out. pics later. time to do shopping
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

some pics of the 2nd case...in some ways its worse.

etc,etc..
    some repairs at first stage

and the driver with its dodgy wiring

banana posts fitted to speaker1

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

With everything going on I forgot to show my new toys. Have been discussing supertweeters with geoff and I decided yesterday to order good ones and make a set. But the day before I had ordered a made up set (cheap ones tbh) judt to try in meantime. It was lucky I did as the full ranges liked them reinforcing my need for a set. They added a bit of bass for some reason as well as top end. They are switchable small and quite neat. Work real nice with the kefs.

The bigger ones i ordered last night were mentioned here yesterday but wont be here for a while. Ribbons. 100mm 8ohm
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

as for my claims the main system was forever fettled my wad decided to play up so the proart mono are back in as are the kefs with new stweets. have to say it all sounds very good with this tvc pre

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alan.

Have you got a link for the cheap stweets Grant?
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Grant.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3218041248...STRK:MEBIDX:IT

it was there only set but sure theyll make more. not bad for money tbh.

alan whats the most likely thing to be causing a little roughness in the wad kel84 on 1 channel.. caps or resistors?
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

got a little more done on cab 2. its solid but badly chipped and scratched. level of abuse is remarkable and says somethinvvabout the original strength of them as a modern cab would have disintegrated.

shouldnt need an awful lot more tbh and the flash makes them look worse than they currently are as the repairs refract light differently
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alan.

Unfortunately it's difficult to guess from a verbal description.
    Best thing is to get a scope on it, particularly as one channel is good, the two channels can be compared.

Without a scope the respective voltage levels on each channel could be compared from the good channel to the rough, this might give a clue.
    You need a techie to give it the once over. I don't think my fluence stretches past Manchester

I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Grant.

once i get the speaks finished i will have look.

ta for response....
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

These cabs according to my calculations are 48 litres so probably a bit short of the ideal. would have preferred 75, but will have to wait for something to appear on the bay or on here at the right price. I dont have the tools now to start from scratch. still make do and mend was my ma 'n' da's motto
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread