+ Reply to Thread
Page 243 of 375 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245253293343 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,430 of 3741

Thread: I Think I'm sure I'm Finished...or Zeppelin to Sinatra & Back

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    It is a good'un.
    Try it on the solid state output - just a touch more precise and detailed.
    --- and I prefer the volume at the 12 o'clock position!
    well, Ive tried a number of positions and prefer full out and use the vc's on my amps Jerry. much better resolution and soundstage for me. and set it about half way for headphones. Prefer the ss version I think although the valve is ok and interesting too. not done enough testing to come to a conclusion there.
    Last edited by struth; 22-05-2017 at 10:45. Reason: slight mix up doh
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm gone.

Ah, interesting about the volume control position.
    I probably didn't even try any but the 12 o'clock position on the new one as that was defo preferred on my older version that Martin tried.

Quite looking forward to getting "your" one back now and having a try with it at full whack!
    -- no rush, really, hang on to it tlll your one arrives, no problem.

I'm Grant.

Been playing vinyl and trying things. Lol

Ive found puting a slate at front of cd and tt has improved sound. No real idea why but it has

Vibration reflections maybe
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

danilo Guest

Grab another roof slate and fit it under the TT ?
    See if that makes a difference as well

I'm Grant.

They are tabletop slates.. should have more out in store. Next time i am out i will find them
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm gone.

Nice result, but what on earth made you try it?!

I'm Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Nice result, but what on earth made you try it?!
    He's a slate short of a full dinner set
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Grant.

lol.

.. I was getting vibration on cd player and had put a slate between cd and speaker to deflect it which it did a bit but then later wondered if it was getting affected and thus the tt too from the front so stuck a slate in front and boy it sounded better. Must be bouncing of the wall ...there is a mirror there over fireplace. Not easiest place to deaden. Need to think how I can make it more user friendly.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Timothy.

Just don't knock that thing off onto your foot Grant! You will be doing the two-step mighty quickly!
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by nuff View Post
    It sure is! Cheers Grant.

I am digging the granite topped tables!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread