+ Reply to Thread
Page 278 of 375 FirstFirst ... 178228268276277278279280288328 ... LastLast
Results 2,771 to 2,780 of 3741

Thread: I Think I'm sure I'm Finished...or Zeppelin to Sinatra & Back

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Not seen those before Grant.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mobile-Fide.../dp/B003WXLG2I
    Mobile Fidelity geodisc.. been around for an age...

and A laser level that was suitable, along with a little blue tac to sit on the bar and shine the laser low enough to hit the bits I wanted.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I had a big laser but it didnt really suit this application so tried this.. its nigh on perfect.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

That setup technique worked well.. its sounding very good at moment through the AT cans.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Default I Think I Am Finished...or Zeppelin to Sinatra & Back

Some salvaged rogers banana sockets. Give them a quick clean later and into my spares box. Quite decent. Stripped down speaker cabs and gave to mate for a furniture job. Kept the xover s too.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Default I Think I Am Finished...or Zeppelin to Sinatra & Back

Had a speaker failure today. Managed to get to bottom of it. A crimped wire gave up its grip. So fixed it as also one of feet was loose so did that.

Also did the dac mod to put vc into circuit and fitted one of jerrys valves. The tesla. All sounds rather good and I have better control.
    Is it better in? Don't know yet but I have control over 3 Amps and 4 speakers with one vc now so much easier

Tidied the setup and readjusted speaker angles

And for b&w lovers

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Brian.

Looking good Grant . How's it all sounding ?
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Grant.

Really good mate. Lying in bed now after that job. I'm bloody useless lol
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Really good mate. Lying in bed now after that job. I'm bloody useless lol
    Mmm...think I would have to lie down too
    Regards
    Brian

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    Mmm...think I would have to lie down too
    nice of you to pop in and fit the WE valve to the dac mate. will leave it in for a while then revert to the others and get a grip on if its better etc... spent all evening in bed lol.. did too much yesterday.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Brian.

No prob Grant . I look forward to your feedback .
    Regards
    Brian

I'm Grant.

Got this little thing today. Quite cool stylus gauge

Touch screen too. Lol
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread