+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bushmaster MKII input signal purity level indicator

I'm Dave.

Don't worry Stan, it wasn't the flashing that concerned me it was the horribly distorted sound and the two went hand in hand. I wasn't really getting flashing without distortion. I seem to have got to the bottom of the problem now though. I use Windows Media Center as my interface for music, live TV, recorded TV and videos. It's really nice to use but unfortunately it uses Windows Media Player in the background for audio playback and that means I don't get bit perfect output. This is because Media Player doesn't natively support WASAPI playback. So I use a piece of software called ReClock which forces Media Player to use WASAPI. I've found this setup to work well up to now but it seems it doesn't like 192KHz. If I tell ReClock to use DirectSound output instead of WASAPI everything starts working properly. So I think I'll have to live without 192KHz for a while until I can figured out a way round the problem.

Thanks for the help.
    Source: Apple TV 4K - DAC: Beresford Bushmaster Mk II - Preamp: CI AudioPLC-1 Mk II - Power Amps: Musical Fidelity 550K mono blocks - Speakers: Wharfedale Opus 3 - Cables: Mark Grant etc - Misc: Belkin PF30 mains filters.

Well if anything, those flashing LEDs are a handy tool in assisting us to optimize the signal path.

MartinT Guest

Stan, just to confirm: does the data error display work in LED off mode, or only with them dimmed? I have never seen an error ever with the LEDs off (sleep), which is why I ask.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    Stan, just to confirm: does the data error display work in LED off mode, or only with them dimmed? I have never seen an error ever with the LEDs off (sleep), which is why I ask.
    It only works when the LEDs are dimmed. I have a couple of budget leads about somewhere. They should be good enough to trigger an error symptom if you need your system to work less reliable.

MartinT Guest

Ok, call me 'dim' but I've been through the manual and I can't find how to put it in dim mode

I'm James.

Hi Stan, I'm trying to use this feature to see if there are any problems with my 10m average quality toslink cable. Was the feature written out of the latest BM2's?
    Sleep mode as explained in the manual doesn't seem to get any LED's glowing, so I'm hoping everything is fine with my cable!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12