+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY meet 13th june

I'm steve.

Default DIY meet 13th june

We be having a get together on sat 13 june at Eggborough power station social club, it just off the m62 junction 34 west yorks

It is diy based, and is mostly valve amps and hi eff speakers, most of us have been through the hi fi shop route.. to end up with a better sound for the £ with a little diy

where else can you hear so much diy kit ?

our first meet at eggbrough was featured in hi fi world around 5 years ago.

we are limited with numbers.. but we can mange quite a few between the 2 rooms.

if you want to come please post your name and if your bringing kit or not

the costs are shared on the day, no profit is made, it's around the £10 mark inc lunch

I need definate numbers a week beforehand to ensure the lunch is for the right numbers,

there is plenty of room to bring your own kit, and we try to ensure everthing is heard..

there are 2 rooms, one massive the other is smaller,

thanks

steve
    collector and DIY user of old british triode valves

Open baffles / single ended diy px4 and px25 valve amps

I'm InSpace.

Hi Steve,

I should be there (mentioned it over on WD) as long as I don't get called out too much the night before, I'm on-call on the Friday but I'll try and get a swap sorted out just in case.

I could bring my WD phono clone and DP-3000 if anyone's interested?

Cheers...
    Shian7
    --------------------------------------------------------

Kudakutemo
    kudakutemo

ari mizu-no tsuki

Though it be be broken -
    broken again - still it's there:
    the moon on the water.

- Choshu.

I'm steve.

thats fine mike, be nice to see you again

I'm away this week end so will not be answering questions but there lots who can will be looking in

cheers steve

bump

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Will,

Would you like me to make this thread into a sticky?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Yes Marco thanks.
    Will

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Done!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm steve.

not long now to our next meet..

there seems lots of new kit to hear so i guess it will be a good day again

names so far...

tony moore
    dave tb
    steve cresswell
    scott ( possibly)
    will
    ed
    andrew I
    andrew
    gerry
    ali
    little eddy,
    max n
    al newall
    ian sr
    phil
    simon c
    me
    nick
    dave +2
    anthony c
    chopsaw
    mike H
    dave(and sue)
    dl2
    Mo

I Hope i've not missed any one.. if i have please post

Anyone who is to attend/ or is on the list and not attending please post by sunday pm
    i need numbers for monday morning for the buffet please but i'm away this week end so will catch up sunday evening

the names are from a spread of forums

thanks for your support.. and see you all next week

we will have a bring and buy table (as usual)... so bring lots of money/ kit to make it interesting...
    i may have to bring a box of valves..

steve
    Last edited by SPS; 04-06-2009 at 19:30.

I'm Confused.

Smile Any visitors from East Sussex area?

Evenin' All, (as Jack Warner used to say - anyone under 60 please ignore )
    Can I ask if anyone will be attending the DIY Meet on 13th June and will be travelling up from the East Sussex area - an extreme long shot I realise, but there may be someone. If so, I would be happy to make a contribution to their petrol costs if they could do me a (BIG) favour:
    I have recently bought a SL1200 turntable from a guy in Peacehaven who insists on collection. As I live in Sheffield this is presenting me with a problem. If there is anyone coming to the DIY Meet who would be willing, for a suitable contribution, to collect the TT on my behalf and meet me at the DIY Meet for the handover I would be very grateful, and might even be persuaded to stretch to a pint or several , in addition to fuel costs, if such will be available at the venue.
    I look forward to any response or alternative polite suggestions.
    Cheers,
    DaveK.

My System:
    Power: Belkin PF40, Custom.hifi.cables Hydra and DC PSUs.
    Sources: Self built HTPC with Xonar ST sound card, NAD T585 multi disc player, Sony BDP-S350, Squeezebox Touch, Techncs SL1210 (mod'd) + Nagaoka MP30, Thomson Sky HD box.
    Amps etc.: 2 x Mini-T amps, MF-X10D Valve buffer clone, StanDAC 7520/Caiman (mod'd).
    Speakers: Mission 774s with added super tweeters
    Cables: best I can afford and likely to change except Homar's RF attenuated co-ax's and Mark Grant USB and HDMI cables. I also like silver i/cs and speaker cable.

Dave, i can't think of anyone who is coming from that part of the country.
    I know most of the usual suspects, and that would be a long way to travel for a one day event.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast