+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ripping Hotel California DVD-A

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

I dunno what else to suggest
    I was running a machine with XP on it when I ripped the few DVD-A discs I have, and those rips are fine. It isn't an OS issue.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Nobody.

O i gave up even trying with this converting lark, i totally DO NOT buy this type of stuff anymore, if the tracks are not on vinyl i go without..

Quote Originally Posted by Canetoad View Post
    Ripped to flac on a synology NAS, played through a Squeezebox Touch with EDO app.

The problem isn't that I can't rip the files. It's that they are only small in size and won't play when ripped. I have only been able to rip the down sampled versions in 24/96.
    How small is "small in size"? My 24/192 file sizes for the main track "Hotel California" is 246MB alone. The whole CD comes in at 1.7GB.
    If your ripped files sizes are much smaller than that then you got a problem with the ripping process I reckon.

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

There is content on the disc that can be played on regular DVD players, not that I've ever accessed it.
    Most standard DVD audio is 16/48.
    As Stan has said, the DVD-Audio in 24/192 files are massive, but the standard audio would be quite small.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123