+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Olive Trees in Zakynthos.

I'm Confused.

Default Olive Trees in Zakynthos.

Hi all,
    Bate your collective breath no longer !! - as promised please find below a few pics of old (as in ancient) olive trees photographed last week in Zakynthos (and another snap that all visitors to Zakynthos are required to photograph !!)

Sorry about including the last one but they may not let me back on the island if I don't and it is a very beautiful island, particularly in May when it is just a mass of wild flowers.
    Enjoy !! (hopefully),
    DaveK.

My System:
    Power: Belkin PF40, Custom.hifi.cables Hydra and DC PSUs.
    Sources: Self built HTPC with Xonar ST sound card, NAD T585 multi disc player, Sony BDP-S350, Squeezebox Touch, Techncs SL1210 (mod'd) + Nagaoka MP30, Thomson Sky HD box.
    Amps etc.: 2 x Mini-T amps, MF-X10D Valve buffer clone, StanDAC 7520/Caiman (mod'd).
    Speakers: Mission 774s with added super tweeters
    Cables: best I can afford and likely to change except Homar's RF attenuated co-ax's and Mark Grant USB and HDMI cables. I also like silver i/cs and speaker cable.

I'm Neil.

Hi Dave

Those are the kind of trees that if you took an axe to them, they would pull their roots out of the ground and fight back

Nice photos the first one looks like it has a snake wrapped round it...on the right branch.

Nice beach...

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

I'm ChrisB.

Those trees could tell some stories, I'll bet.

I once had an employee fell a huge Oak in some private parkland & when he'd got the tree down we both stood on the stump, admiring his handiwork. I told him that the tree was planted when Elizabeth I was on the throne & that we were the first people to see the centre of the tree since then.

This had such a profound effect upon him that he never felled another tree again & went to work as a shopfitter!

+ Reply to Thread