+ Reply to Thread

Thread: av system/the many uses of a standac 7520

I'm David.

Default av system/the many uses of a standac 7520

top down

grado sr125's

sony st70 tuner (AGAIN)

ipaq 114 with kinsky pda for control of majik ds

standac 7520 - i just got it today all shiney new and working with some 4562's in it ... i broke my first one trying to replace the opamps, sent it to stan he replaced it, orderd me some new 4562s and fitted them for me! that people is customer service way beyond the call of duty!! Cheers Stan!!!
    - currently beig used to masivly improve the sound from my pvr, massivly improve the cd/2 channel out put from the blu-ray and as a dac for the sound from my little pc for internet streamed content. it is also plugged in to the digital out put of the majik ds

nva ap10p - as headphone amp

curtis prv dual tuner , digi coax output, 80gb hdd, £39.99 from the local discount electrical shop... Bargain of the century!!

sony bdps550 - for blueray playback and for the odd occation cd listening is required. for eg if a mate brings a cd round and i am forced to abide by the law and not burn it on to my hdd a play it back through the ds ...... ...... ......

yam dspax759 in god dam silver!!

the full system:

i have now, i think, got everything and am completely happy with the system... i wonder how long it will last??

I'm Steve.

Very nice Hamish. I used to have a pair of TB2+ in studio black. Miss them I do.
    They swim... the mark of Satan is upon them. They must hang.

FLAC / WDTV Live / Cambridge Audio / Tannoy VX12

I'm David.

i love my pmcs, i was unaware of the concept of 'transmision line' speakers when i bought them, i just liked the sound. i have since never found anything, relativly speaking, when it comes to budget, that i like the way the bass is controlled as much. they just seem to do every thing 'right'
    one of my mates called my set up a pi.fi. the other day - comparing it to the guys computer in the film 'pi'. if you havent seen it its made of loads of boxes and flashing things... i told him it didnt even half compare to some of the systems i have seen pictures of on here!

I'm ILOB.

Hi Hamish
    Is there any way you can get those speakers further away from the wall and move the furniture so not obstructing them I know this might not be possible but you missing a lot of performance
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm David.

i know, tell me about it! before i moved into this house i lived in an apartment that had a much bigger lounge. in there they sounded absolutly stunning! i have never been completely happy in this house with the sound, fortuatlely we are moving house later this year and i have specifyed with the lovely lady in my life that we are not going to live in any house that isnt at least 200% more suitable than this one for the hifi.
    to move the sofas in this room i would have to knock a wall down and block a door way. alternatively we could put one of the sofas in a different room and have just the one face on to the hifi, but the problem with that solution is that you would have to climb over the back of the sofa to get into the room.
    i have spent many an hour trying to come up with a solution to this problem. at one point i was even tring to convince my missis that we should put the living room in the bedroom... she convinced me otherwise on the grounds that we wouldnt be able to get the sofas up the stairs and that the bedroom would then be the room that you walk in to off the street... no good really!!
    cheers for the pointer though

i think you would be suprised how good they still sound though..i have spent a lot of time tweaking them within the small space they are in and have managed to get a pretty good sound from them. the sound stage is a bit wonky mind, there is no real definate 'centre' to it if that makes sence. i have read these are quite sensitive to positioning! still like i said, provided i can sell my flat in this slightly pants climate,hopefully getting a new place soon so i just got to be patient and i will get the best out of them!
    Last edited by The Vinyl Adventure; 23-05-2009 at 18:31.

+ Reply to Thread