+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Old but very valid you tube video

I'm Dominic.

Default Old but very valid you tube video

Just found this interesting video from a respected engineer and professor about his views on analogue v digital.
    Please read some of the mindless comments below on the page.
    The worrying thing it seems to me is the old v new school train of thought. Many seem to think mastering in the digital domain is perfectly fine.
    This worries me quite a bit and feel if we are not careful pure analogue recordings will go the way of the dodo!
    I am aware most are done digitally these days, but there are still a few around that embrace the true analogue process.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiDDJ-I47rA

I'm Stewart.

"This worries me quite a bit and feel if we are not careful pure analogue recordings will go the way of the dodo!
    I am aware most are done digitally these days, but there are still a few around that embrace the true analogue process". I feel exactly the same Dom. But dont forget that lots of the true analogue engineers are dying off, one by one, and the industry seems unable to replace them. Either trough lack of funds or interest. After all analogue is a very expensive process to implement! I wonder if there are any cutting engineers still working for the big labels, ie DG. I am so often saddened by the rather poor pressings that I have recently bought........they are so poor when compared to the wonderful recordings of my youth!
    Thanks for the link!
    S

+ Reply to Thread