+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which dac?

I'm Justin.

Guess so but he didn't plug his own kit on this thread, he lent me one I didn't buy etc etc so I reckon he deserves it!

Must admit I think someone with basic soldering skills & some expensive foo components could take one of those little Jolida's up a notch or two, so there's food for thought there. Or get Paul to do it for you. They are fine as they stand, however.

I'm Craig.

I love my BM2.

Nothing more need be said.
    Bluesound Node 2i
    Audio Analogue Pucinni SE
    B&W DM607 s2
    Chord Shawline X speaker cable
    Klotz ic’s

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Guess so but he didn't plug his own kit on this thread, he lent me one I didn't buy etc etc so I reckon he deserves it!

Must admit I think someone with basic soldering skills & some expensive foo components could take one of those little Jolida's up a notch or two, so there's food for thought there. Or get Paul to do it for you. They are fine as they stand, however.
    I do like the look of the jolida especially since I think in the latest generation they have removed all the opamps from the output stage.

But wouldn't be looking to pay new prices so it would be unfair to demo one from Paul just to return it.
    Source: Thorens TD124 Rega RB300, Sumiko bluepoint No2., Cambridge Audio D500 Special Edition CDP, Squeeze box Touch, PC with Trends Audio USB Audio DAC UD-10 Amplification: Croft Micro 25 basic pre, Leak Stereo 20, Trends Audio Class T TA-10, Fisher X100-A Speakers:Impulse H6 Interconnects: Handmade silver and TNT audio CAT5 speaker cables

I'm Richard.

I'm using a Metrum Octave II while my Audiolab MDAC is away being upgraded.

I think it's pretty good, but I guess it depends on your taste in music and what you're looking for on the sound quality front.

Compared to the vanilla MDAC, and also the Pioneer N-50 (which I've also been listening to a lot), I would say that the MDAC has a slight edge in terms of width of soundstage, but the Metrum sounds a little less 'digital' and is very good at reproducing strings and vocals. It also has a 'cleaner' bass such that cellos and double basses are more clearly located.

It's very good with hi-res files; indeed with 24/192 I don't see why one should need any re-sampling, so the NOS option is pretty good. On the other hand, CDs (16/44.1) probably benefit from the re-sampling that conventional DACs do and you get a bit more clarity interms of the position of an instrument on the sound stage.

When my upgraded MDAC comes back, I'll be comparing the two, and maybe then selling one of them.

- Richard.
    Pioneer N-50; Lakewest MDAC Premium Fusion; Benchmark AHB2; Quad ESL 2805s; 2xAE subwoofers; Isotek GII Sigmas

I'm Toby.

Sorry to be a bit thick, but I've tried googling it and I can't find what a "bm2" actually is? Was trying to keep up with this thread...and failed!

I'm ChrisB.

Bushmaster Mk2 by Beresford.

I'm Toby.

Thank you!

I'm Alan.

Have the Jolida and am very happy with it.
    What I like is the fact one can 'tailor' the sound somewhat by tube rolling.
    I've owned and heard several DAC's and the Jolida is by far the best.

I'm Craig.

Quote Originally Posted by TobesEtc View Post
    Sorry to be a bit thick, but I've tried googling it and I can't find what a "bm2" actually is? Was trying to keep up with this thread...and failed!
    If that was my fault by just putting BM2, if you had just looked at my signature and it mentions my Dac.......the Bushmaster 2.
    Bluesound Node 2i
    Audio Analogue Pucinni SE
    B&W DM607 s2
    Chord Shawline X speaker cable
    Klotz ic’s

I'm Robert.

Long complex story very short, please order Jolida through myself.
    No longer an active member

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast