+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ever have your beer drop-shipped before?...

Talking Ever have your beer drop-shipped before?...

I'm Neil.

Budweiserrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....crunch... ......screech......bang........THUD.

"Hey dude I thought we were shipping Bud Lights ?"

"It was the Busch...did for us"

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I trust that nobody was hurt in the accident, but since it's only Bud Light and not the proper Czech Budvar, does anyone really care? Good photo though.

Regards
    Barry

PS Why isn't there a 'vomiting' smiley?

Just over ten years ago I took a range of Belgian beers to a party that included the likes of Duvel and Delerium Tremens. I offered these to an American guest and proceeded to tell him how shit Budweiser was. He got a bit upset because it turns out that his Dad was brewmaster at the Annheiser Busch brewery in St Louis. His comment went along the lines of "Just because the Germans can't grow fucking rice doesn't mean they can tell us we can't use it in our beer!"

I did try to point out to him that rice, given its higher carbo-hydrate yield is just a cheaper way to get the beer to the desirable level of alcohol - you need less of it but the end result is a beer somewhat lacking in body and flavour.

He also mentioned that Budweiser has the date it was brewed stamped on the bottle and should be drunk fresh - as should any beer to be at its best. So basically this is the Beaujolais Primeur of beer, i.e. over-marketed shite.

He agreed that the Delerium Tremens was good so all was not lost.

Czech Budvar is still great all these years after the Velvet Revolution. Unfortunately the same cannot be said of Pilsner Urquell. Privatisation and the takeover by a big Dutch brewer has made it lose its distinctive bitterness.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Toy View Post
    Just over ten years ago I took a range of Belgian beers to a party that included the likes of Duvel and Delerium Tremens.
    Czech Budvar is still great all these years after the Velvet Revolution. Unfortunately the same cannot be said of Pilsner Urquell. Privatisation and the takeover by a big Dutch brewer has made it lose its distinctive bitterness.
    I first came across Duvel about ten years ago, when I attended a conference in Holland. Got nicely drunk on it quite a few times, fortunately not when it came time for me to gave the paper!

Think I would be put off by anything called 'Delerium Tremens'. I am suspicious of strong beers that have OTT macho names such as 'Cripple Dick' or 'Old Bastard'.

Not surprised to hear about Pilsner Urquell; takeovers by a large brewery tend to be the death knell for so many good brews.

Regards
    Barry

I'm ChrisB.

I once saw an almost identical road accident to this in Holland. Contrary to popular belief, they do have some hills in the Netherlands & this was at the bottom of both of them!

The drains must've been blocked & the result was a foaming lake, made consistently frothier by every car that passed by.

The times you wish you had a camera!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Toy View Post

He also mentioned that Budweiser has the date it was brewed stamped on the bottle and should be drunk fresh - as should any beer to be at its best. So basically this is the Beaujolais Primeur of beer, i.e. over-marketed shite.
    Always amazes me that Anheuser Busch have been able to get away with this piece of marketing, as it is an outright lie. Any quality beer (okay so that does rule out Bud) will taste better after being matured. How long will depend on the beer, usually the stronger the longer (barley wines normally take years).
    The real reason Bud "should be drunk fresh" is that it saves the brewers the cost of storing it while it matures.
    "Always carry a large flagon of whisky, in case of snake bite and, furthermore, always carry a small snake."

Kevin

+ Reply to Thread