Closed Thread

Thread: NVA amps

I'm Steve.

Default NVA amps

Just noticed the thing about the NVA guy. Don't want to mention his name or anything but i would just like to know how good the NVA amps are. I have never actually heard one. Do they play Prog?

I'm ILOB.

They are good sounding amps I heard them once
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Neil.

The man does make some exceedingly good amps. Do they play prog? Well I currently use an NVA AP10H headphone amp (just like their power amps except lower wattage & with a headphone socket) with Grado RS1 headphones, and the combo just rocks so, so hard!
    Last edited by Yomanze; 09-10-2013 at 16:48.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    The man does make some exceedingly good amps. Do they play prog? Well I currently use an NVA AP10H headphone amp (just like their power amps except lower wattage & with a headphone socket) with Grado RS-1 headphones, and the combo just rocks so, so hard!
    Ditto AP10H

I'm fuckoff.

As much as they take the piss out of me and me them, I'd be interested to hear what they're capable of.

I'm Andy.

I too have heard them and yes they are superb amps, the fellow has some interesting ideas on amplifier design.
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

Closed Thread