+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 58 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: High End battery solution for the TC-7533 Bushmaster MKII

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Linear battery?
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Keith.

Quote Originally Posted by Fi-Wi View Post
    Keith, I notice you have a Beyer Dynamics DT990 as well. Does the battery powered Mk2 sings better to you through the DT990 than the main socket?
    I haven't tried the headphone output on the BM2 at all yet Steven - I've been using my DIY headphone amp so far - as a lot of my headphone listening is to vinyl, but it will be an interesting comparison to make when I've got some time.
    Keith
    Analogue: Lenco L75 with 'PTP5' top plate in heavy birch ply plinth/re-wired Rega RB300/SAE 1000e HOMC Cartridge/Trans-Fi Reso-Mat/Moth RCM
    Files: Voyage MPD/Custom PC/Supra USB/Beresford ASYNCH-1/Beresford TOSlink cable
    CDP: Inca Katana SE
    DAC: Beresford Caiman MkII (LiPo Battery powered)
    Pre-Amp: Croft Micro 25 Power-Amp: Croft Series 7
    Speakers: DIY Frugel-Horn Mk3 ('FH3') + REL Strata subwoofer
    Headphones: Beyer Dynamics DT990 Pro (250 ohm)/Schiit Asgard Headphone Amp
    Cables - Interconnects: Mark Grant G1000HD Speaker Cables: Van Damme Blue
    Mains: Belkin PF30/Mark Grant DSP2.5 & DSP1.0 Rack: Target

Office System: HP Win8 Laptop/JRiver/MF V-Link2/Beresford Bushmaster MkII/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 771e
    Bedroom System: Raspberry Pi/Raspbrian + MPD/HiFiBerry DAC/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 760i or DIY Hybrid Valve-MOSFET Headphone amp + Sennheiser HD595

Gallery

I'm ILOB.

I think Lithium battery
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Ah, that would make sense. Brian, aye bring it, we'll give it a go.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Linear battery?
    Sorry mate I meant just not as good as the li-on battery . What I've got and use is a bog standard 12V car battery . Sorry for the misunderstanding. I'll bring it and we can see how it fares .

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Aye, cool.

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Richard.

I've got the battery this morning, I've not tried it yet though.
    I need an extension for the power cable (so I can power the Bantam monos as well), so could somebody please tell me what size the connector is that plugs into the BM2?

I'm Brian.

It's a 2.1mm plug I believe Richard. Same as the Bantam.

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    It's a 2.1mm plug I believe Richard. Same as the Bantam.
    Thanks for that.

I'm ILOB.

Got a lithium battery not tried on the dac; using it for the Bantam. On the strength of this will get one for the BM 2
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 58 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast